PaPaPeng

Default Generic TV remote question.

I cannot remember how to encode the generic TV remote control (RCA
Systemlink 4.) I believe there is a sequence that involves the
buttons labelled ON/OFF, Code Search, TV and one other button. Plus
keeping the button(s) pressed until the LED blinks or stops blinking.

Can anyone help?
Wayne Tiffany

Do a Google search on RCA Systemlink 4 and you will find plenty of info.
Here's one site that might be your answer.
http://www.xdiv.com/remotes/rca-prog.html

WT

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
I cannot remember how to encode the generic TV remote control (RCA
Systemlink 4.) I believe there is a sequence that involves the
buttons labelled ON/OFF, Code Search, TV and one other button. Plus
keeping the button(s) pressed until the LED blinks or stops blinking.

Can anyone help?

PaPaPeng

---------------------
I cannot remember how to encode the generic TV remote control (RCA
Systemlink 4.) I believe there is a sequence that involves the
buttons labelled ON/OFF, Code Search, TV and one other button. Plus
keeping the button(s) pressed until the LED blinks or stops blinking.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for the link. One of the variations eventually worked (TV must
be on.) I wish the manufacturer would emboss the instructions on the
inside battery cover where it cannot be misplaced or thrown away.
Michael Black

wrote:

Do a Google search on RCA Systemlink 4 and you will find plenty of info.
Here's one site that might be your answer.
http://www.xdiv.com/remotes/rca-prog.html

---------------------
I cannot remember how to encode the generic TV remote control (RCA
Systemlink 4.) I believe there is a sequence that involves the
buttons labelled ON/OFF, Code Search, TV and one other button. Plus
keeping the button(s) pressed until the LED blinks or stops blinking.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for the link. One of the variations eventually worked (TV must
be on.) I wish the manufacturer would emboss the instructions on the
inside battery cover where it cannot be misplaced or thrown away.

Take a marker, and write the key details on the inside of the battery cover.
Plus the codes for things you have. Then file the instruction book in a
safe place, one that you will be able to get to when needed.

I got a universal remote last year, and I did this. I could easily dig out
the book when I got a used VCR last week, but I can also easily reprogram
the remote if I need to change the batteries, or some glitch happens. And
inside the battery compartment, the writing is less likely to wear off.

I used a silver Sharpie, that does stand out well on the black plastic.

One might also put a tag on the line cord of each device, as it enters the
unit, with such information.

Michael

H. R. Bob Hofmann

wrote:

Do a Google search on RCA Systemlink 4 and you will find plenty of info.
Here's one site that might be your answer.
http://www.xdiv.com/remotes/rca-prog.html

---------------------
I cannot remember how to encode the generic TV remote control (RCA
Systemlink 4.) I believe there is a sequence that involves the
buttons labelled ON/OFF, Code Search, TV and one other button. Plus
keeping the button(s) pressed until the LED blinks or stops blinking.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for the link. One of the variations eventually worked (TV must
be on.) I wish the manufacturer would emboss the instructions on the
inside battery cover where it cannot be misplaced or thrown away.

AMEN!!

With 6 different remotes floating around our house, it is hard to even
keep the instructions together in one place so they can be found when
needed. Thank goodness we don't have any pets who like to chew on
plastic.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann