rtanderson

Default AIWA AV-D77U AV RECIEVER

I have one I am trying to fix, the unit just clicks on then off... no
front flourecescent display. All the fuses that I find are good, no
shorted outputs that I can find.

any suggestions from anyone that may have seen this before would be
greatly appreciated....

thanks for your time

Mark D. Zacharias

Try looking for a DC offset on any of the amp channels. Look to see if the
output of each of the voltage regulators comes up before it shuts down. Look
for the -30v line for the display - it could be your culprit.
Sometimes it helps to connect a double - male AC cord to the switched
outlet. MUST be the same polarity as the main power cord, which shouldn't be
a problem. This may help troubleshoot other voltages regardless of shutdown
issues.
It's likely you'll need a service manual before all this is through. Too bad
because Aiwa's manuals are difficult to read / follow.

Mark Z.

om...