Default JVC GR-SXM330U Camcorder with faulty viewfinder/lcd screen

I have a JVC GR-SXM330U S-VHS camcorder. Everything works except the
viewfinder and LCD display. The image is scrambled in both Play and
Record modes. When I route the signal through rca video output, the
camera image and tape images are fine. All other features and
functions are perfect.
There is a hair and what looks like a bug in the viewfinder. Can
this cleaned out by a home user? I have another camcorder that has a
ton of specks and dust in the finder, to no ill effect. Anyone here
take apart their camcorder's viewfinder system?
I'll probably call JVC and get the details on repair costs, but I
wanted to get some opinions first. I just found this NG and it looks
pretty good.

headscratcher.
Cosmic Ray

I'd worry about the missing synchronizing signals that are scrambling your
screens first.
A competent camcorder tech. can find/fix that problem and clean out the
debris as a bonus.
The RCA outputs show the camera is not at fault so its something in the
viewfinder video processing
common to both screens that is messing up. You'll likely need a schematic
and a scope to track that down.
And maybe a good ESR meter as well.
Good Luck
Cosmic Ray