Andrew Rossmann

Default MA1026 clock/temp module

Does anyone know a source that might have an old MA1026 clock/temp
module? I think it was made my National Semiconductor. These were those
modules that had an LED display and a bunch of contacts on one edge. You
added a transformer and a bunch of switch and got a nice digital alarm
clock. This version also had a temperature sensing capability.

I have one I bought from Radio Shack in the early 80's and made a clock
out of it. I even had it control a relay to turn a stereo system on to
wake me up! It died a few years ago (display is scrambled.) All obvious
voltages seem OK. I would like to try and revive or replace it, but so
far, I haven't found much information other than an Italian site that had
a partial datasheet scan (I still have the full Radio Shack datasheet.)

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
t.hoehler

Does anyone know a source that might have an old MA1026 clock/temp
module? I think it was made my National Semiconductor. These were those
modules that had an LED display and a bunch of contacts on one edge. You
added a transformer and a bunch of switch and got a nice digital alarm
clock. This version also had a temperature sensing capability.

Yeah, I bought a bunch of these from Digi-Key when they first opened back in
the 70's. The clock modules were as handy as a pocket on a shirt. I built a
few digital clocks with them and gave them away as gifts back when
electronic digital clocks were "cool'. Not those goofy flip card things . .
although if you look thru eBay, those flip card things are fetching pretty
high bids! Can't find a single one in the junk box, guess they all got used
up. Was the chip they used a 5314, is that right? Seems like there were
three chips in the family. 5311 was the bare bones one, and 5314 had all
the alarms, sleep timer etc.
Regards,
Tom

Junior Member

Question

I too have a couple of these but have lost the spec sheet/instructions and would like to use it soon. Does anyone have a copy? I want to use it to monitor the tires on a motorhome. Will it work with DC power only and an oscillator or is one included???? Please post a url here or contact info.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hoehler View Post