Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Such Thing as Seasonal Scrap Prices?

Is there a time of year when scrap metals generally sell for more?

I'm just guessing they get buried a bit more either prior to or just
after the holidays because people want the cash to pay bills. But is
there a "best time" to sell scrap metals in your opinion?

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I like your article on brainwashing. I deserve a break, today. I'm going to
McDonalds. Right after I grab a bucket and mop, scrub it bottom to top.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/25/2012 7:41 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Is there a time of year when scrap metals generally sell for more?

I'm just guessing they get buried a bit more either prior to or just
after the holidays because people want the cash to pay bills. But is
there a "best time" to sell scrap metals in your opinion?

The walk-in small trade doesn't much effect scrap prices--they're driven
by the overall large demand. The local dealers are resellers, too, so
they're driven by market demand--when world demand is down, so is scrap.

The local guy here is and has been stockpiling for the last 6-8 months
because prices are down.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm sure the prices go up and down. I've talked to scrap yard people who say
this. What the pattern is, I don't know.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Is there a time of year when scrap metals generally sell for more?

I'm just guessing they get buried a bit more either prior to or just
after the holidays because people want the cash to pay bills. But is
there a "best time" to sell scrap metals in your opinion?

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Is there a time of year when scrap metals generally sell for more?

I'm just guessing they get buried a bit more either prior to or just
after the holidays because people want the cash to pay bills. But is
there a "best time" to sell scrap metals in your opinion?

The prices usually go up in the winter after January.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm sure the prices go up and down. I've talked to scrap yard people who say
this. What the pattern is, I don't know.

Scrap aluminum goes down in the einter in florida, because the snowbirds
sel their empty pop & beer cans. More is availible, so the price
drops. The best time to sell cans is just before they arrive for the
season.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/25/2012 7:41 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Is there a time of year when scrap metals generally sell for more?

For those who think they can time the markets based on consumer-level
trends...

http://www.isri.org/CMDownload.aspx?ContentKey=41c2f107-0576-4a61-a0aa-078cab920e84&ContentItemKey=1fbf7f50-722f-4e7f-b9a9-8e929900ee47

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 26 Oct 2012
09:30:07 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm sure the prices go up and down. I've talked to scrap yard people who say
this. What the pattern is, I don't know.

Scrap aluminum goes down in the einter in florida, because the snowbirds
sel their empty pop & beer cans. More is availible, so the price
drops. The best time to sell cans is just before they arrive for the
season.

OTOH, come spring, the beercans start to show up as the snow
melts.

YMMV

pyotr

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm sure the prices go up and down. I've talked to scrap yard people who say
this. What the pattern is, I don't know.

Scrap aluminum goes down in the einter in florida, because the snowbirds
sel their empty pop & beer cans. More is availible, so the price
drops. The best time to sell cans is just before they arrive for the
season.

OTOH, come spring, the beercans start to show up as the snow
melts.

YMMV

The longest I've seen snow last around here, was a couple hours.
I've only seen snow twice, in the last 25 years.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 26 Oct 2012
19:50:07 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm sure the prices go up and down. I've talked to scrap yard people who say
this. What the pattern is, I don't know.

Scrap aluminum goes down in the einter in florida, because the snowbirds
sel their empty pop & beer cans. More is availible, so the price
drops. The best time to sell cans is just before they arrive for the
season.

OTOH, come spring, the beercans start to show up as the snow
melts.

YMMV

The longest I've seen snow last around here, was a couple hours.
I've only seen snow twice, in the last 25 years.

Well, you poooor thang B-)

I see it often. Usually way up in the mountains, where I don't
have to drive in it, if I don't want to.
Now two years ago I took a job in eastern Washington, started in
January. Going over the pass one night, the traffic advisory radio
warned of the bad roads conditions. I kept waiting for them to get
"bad". As long as the pavement was mostly clear, or just wet, that
isn't "hazardous". I mean, not like packed snow and ice with blowing
snow and no chains.
Anyway, I just chugged along, following the big trucks or the snow
plows.
Wasn't till I got out of the mountains an on "the flat" that it
started to get cold. Ever try to wash the road spray off your
windshield when it's about 26 degrees out? Fahrenheit? At two
o'clock in the morning? Finding an open station was the hard part.
But oh, the colors - the star! I could really get to like living
over there.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Try clean the ice off your windows at -40 and no gas stations for 100
miles. OTOH, I saw the Northern Lights lighting up the entire sky,
bright as day.

I got caught one night in a blizzard near Cincinnati. It was a little
over 30 miles to get home. It took over eight hours, and it used a full
tank of gas in my truck. I was more concerned about the dumb ass semi
drivers blowing me off the road, like they did to a lot of other
vehicles. One passed me while I was on a patch of ice and spun the van
720 degrees and it tried to roll over.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I hope those truckers ended up in the ditch.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

I got caught one night in a blizzard near Cincinnati. It was a little
over 30 miles to get home. It took over eight hours, and it used a full
tank of gas in my truck. I was more concerned about the dumb ass semi
drivers blowing me off the road, like they did to a lot of other
vehicles. One passed me while I was on a patch of ice and spun the van
720 degrees and it tried to roll over.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I hope those truckers ended up in the ditch.

They should have ended up in jail. The radio was full of warnings to
slow down, ordered by the state yet they didn't give a damn. The smart
ones were in the rest stops & truck stops. They were ordering people to
get off the roads, and rent a motel room, but all were full by the time
I got off work at midnight.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 27 Oct 2012
09:43:52 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Cool.

Now I'm humble in deed
For I'm cuffed to a Swede,
who thinks he's a millionaire.
But I settled Sam Snoot,
when he started to shoot
Electricity into my walls."

I got caught one night in a blizzard near Cincinnati. It was a little
over 30 miles to get home. It took over eight hours, and it used a full
tank of gas in my truck. I was more concerned about the dumb ass semi
drivers blowing me off the road, like they did to a lot of other
vehicles. One passed me while I was on a patch of ice and spun the van
720 degrees and it tried to roll over.

Wonder If they were suffering from road hypnosis. I know you can
get pretty spaced watching snow flakes streaming into your face.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Wonder If they were suffering from road hypnosis. I know you can
get pretty spaced watching snow flakes streaming into your face.

They were overdriving their headlights. I saw more than one make an
emergency lane change to keep from hitting a smaller vehicle. Both are
very stupid moves, and it doesn't do their load any good when the
trailer is rocking, side to side.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-28, pyotr filipivich wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 27 Oct 2012
09:43:52 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

[ ... ]

I got caught one night in a blizzard near Cincinnati. It was a little
over 30 miles to get home. It took over eight hours, and it used a full
tank of gas in my truck. I was more concerned about the dumb ass semi
drivers blowing me off the road, like they did to a lot of other
vehicles. One passed me while I was on a patch of ice and spun the van
720 degrees and it tried to roll over.

Wonder If they were suffering from road hypnosis. I know you can
get pretty spaced watching snow flakes streaming into your face.

Well ... I have a friend who was driving a long way home on
roads which became icy. No traffic rural area. He saw a parked car
beside the road eased off the gas pedal, and spun out, hitting the only
car for 20 miles each way. It could have been something like that with
the one which spun out after passing you.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

On 2012-10-28, pyotr filipivich wrote:
[...]

My van was spun by the vacuum created by a semi that was just inches
from me when it passed. It was so close that could have touched the
thing. It was using parts of two lanes, since the left side of the
center speed lane was full of ice & snow. The inside lane was
completely useless by that time.

Scrap Tungsten Prices? Joe Metalworking 13 September 3rd 10 02:55 AM
scrap prices jdabreeze Metalworking 11 September 16th 07 01:08 PM
scrap metal prices? Tom The Great Home Repair 5 January 18th 07 12:08 AM
scrap metal prices in the UK ? . UK diy 0 July 30th 06 04:28 PM
Scrap metal prices fred UK diy 12 October 2nd 05 12:06 AM