Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Racism?

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 08:21:18 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Racism??
One of the best lines I've heard lately was from a retired shop foreman
at the old Republic Steel plant in Cleveland OH ....when a young black
kid was being laid off.
The black kid said to the shop foreman: "You're firing me because I'm
black!"
The foreman Thought a moment and replied "No, we hired you because you
were black."...
"We're firing you because you are useless!"

Sounds like a possible slogan for the 2012
election

Great line! That ought to set the Republican Party back about two
generations.

The idiots who are toying with racial stereotypes in this election
seem to forget that the large majority of Americans don't go for that
crap anymore. It may be hard to appreciate when you're sitting amongst
a pile of rusty machines in the semi-desert, but the country as a
whole has moved on. We hear your dog whistles. They just don't work.

--
Ed Huntress