Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Copper shredder

A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful diagrams or
information?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They are called wire or cable strippers. Always sell for a good penny.

http://goo.gl/csVE9

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John G" wrote in message
. au...

On 2012-01-09, Steve B wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the
pieces of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful
diagrams or information?

Steve

Some of these people will strip live power lines for the copper.

Sounds like a quick trip into the arms af a diffrent copper to me B-)

--
John G

An english guy I used to know had a guy at his local pub who tried to steal
copper from a decommissioned power station. Unfortunately the cable was
still live (back fed from the network). The guy had substantial burns and
was known as "Crispy Dave". A very lucky guy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-09, Steve B wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful diagrams or
information?

Steve

With all the people stripping homes and industrial buildings of their
copper wiring nowadays, you'd better check with the local cops and
metal recycling places on local practices and ordinances before
building the machine, Steve. Don't end up hosed by the police, like
the nice nurse lady trying to check her gun in NYC...

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-09, Steve B wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful diagrams or
information?

Steve

Some of these people will strip live power lines for the copper.

Sounds like a quick trip into the arms af a diffrent copper to me B-)

And I would prefer a trip into the arms of a different stripper!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-09, Steve B wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful diagrams or
information?

Steve

With all the people stripping homes and industrial buildings of their
copper wiring nowadays, you'd better check with the local cops and
metal recycling places on local practices and ordinances before
building the machine, Steve. Don't end up hosed by the police, like
the nice nurse lady trying to check her gun in NYC...

I do not do scrap metal because it is complicated (but something that
I want to learn). I collect scrap as leftovers from my business, of
course, and I once did buy a scrap lot of copper wire from the
military, but generally I avoid scrap lots. But, assuming that I have
some paperwork, I do not expect much trouble.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-09, Steve B wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the
pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful
diagrams or
information?

Steve

Some of these people will strip live power lines for the copper.

Sounds like a quick trip into the arms af a diffrent copper to me B-)

And I would prefer a trip into the arms of a different stripper!

There's a sheath joke here somewhere....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--The first thing I'd do is contact the local cops. Being as copper
theft is big money these days I'd want to know that your customer is legit..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-09, Steve wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the
pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful
diagrams or
information?

Steve

Some of these people will strip live power lines for the copper.

Sounds like a quick trip into the arms af a diffrent copper to me B-)

And I would prefer a trip into the arms of a different stripper!

There's a sheath joke here somewhere....

Luckily we are insulated from puns.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
On 2012-01-09, John wrote:
After serious thinking Ignoramus16953 wrote :
They are called wire or cable strippers. Always sell for a good penny.

http://goo.gl/csVE9

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" on Mon, 9 Jan 2012 21:49:15 +0800

On 2012-01-09, Steve B wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the
pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful
diagrams or
information?

Steve

Some of these people will strip live power lines for the copper.

Sounds like a quick trip into the arms af a diffrent copper to me B-)

And I would prefer a trip into the arms of a different stripper!

There's a sheath joke here somewhere....

I'd cop to a quick strip into the arms of a different tripper.

tschus
pyotr

(If that makes sense - call Care Unit - now!0
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:20:01 -0800, Winston

On 2012-01-09, Steve wrote:
A second person has approached me to go together with them on making a
copper shredder. This would amount to building a machine to cut the
pieces
of wire into short pieces, and strip all insulation.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Links to helpful
diagrams or
information?

Steve

Some of these people will strip live power lines for the copper.

Sounds like a quick trip into the arms af a diffrent copper to me B-)

And I would prefer a trip into the arms of a different stripper!

There's a sheath joke here somewhere....

Luckily we are insulated from puns.

Yeah, we've got that covered.

DTV Shredder ATP Metalworking 10 September 23rd 10 12:33 PM
Shredder indago Electronics Repair 5 June 26th 07 12:58 AM
Fernco/Mission couplers for copper to copper? Dan Lanciani Home Ownership 1 January 28th 07 11:26 PM
X-Cut / CD shredder ? T i m UK diy 29 January 15th 07 11:59 AM