Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kalamazoo saw 8x22 cut

Here's that "new" old saw I finally trundled home.

It's 100% working, including the speed vise. Nice, too... I'd hate to be
cranking that handwheel 22" back and fro.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley
in . 3.70:

Here's that "new" old saw I finally trundled home.

It's 100% working, including the speed vise. Nice, too... I'd hate to
be cranking that handwheel 22" back and fro.

Lloyd

Well... that didn't work. Let me try another way...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley in
. 3.70:

Well... that didn't work. Let me try another way...

Ok... so how do you guys who use Xnews post pictures in-line?

I don't even remember where the dropbox is, it's so seldom that I try to
post stuff to view.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ok... so how do you guys who use Xnews post pictures in-line?

I don't even remember where the dropbox is, it's so seldom that I try to
post stuff to view.

It's possible the inline pictures are being stripped out at the
server, since this is not a "binary" group.

Dropbox is at http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox though you could
also try photobucket or flickr.

Hope that helps,
--Glenn Lyford
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Glenn Lyford fired this volley in news:ccc77169-f240-
:

Dropbox is at
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox though you could
also try photobucket or flickr.

Thanks, Glenn. I'll make a note. Pix to follow.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley in
. 3.70:

Glenn Lyford fired this volley in news:ccc77169-

f240-
:

Dropbox is at
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox though you could
also try photobucket or flickr.

Thanks, Glenn. I'll make a note. Pix to follow.

LLoyd

Alright... they're in the dropbox now.
munged://www.metalworking.com/dropbox

Kalamazoo_Saw_1.jpg Monday, December 05, 2011 2:15 PM 512115
Kalamazoo_Saw_2.jpg Monday, December 05, 2011 2:15 PM 366159
Kalamazoo_Saw_3.jpg Monday, December 05, 2011 2:15 PM 621723
Kalamazoo_Saw_4.jpg Monday, December 05, 2011 2:15 PM 476155
Kalamazoo_Saw_5.jpg Monday, December 05, 2011 2:15 PM 583497
Kalamazoo_Saw_6.jpg Monday, December 05, 2011 2:15 PM 150
Kalamazoo_saw_description.txt

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can put your picture on my website if you email it to me.

Congrats on the saw.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus14573 fired this volley in
:

I can put your picture on my website if you email it to me.

You're welcome to, if it's only for posterity. They're all in the dropbox
now.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Here's that "new" old saw I finally trundled home.

It's 100% working, including the speed vise. Nice, too... I'd hate to be
cranking that handwheel 22" back and fro.

Lloyd

Uh oh... hope you don't catch hell for posting binaries...

Another easy way is to slap them up in Picasa (like Gunner does now and
again), and just post a link. It's free, easy, fast and effective.

Good Luck!

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Erik fired this volley in
:

In article ,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Here's that "new" old saw I finally trundled home.

It's 100% working, including the speed vise. Nice, too... I'd hate
to be cranking that handwheel 22" back and fro.

Lloyd

Uh oh... hope you don't catch hell for posting binaries...

Another easy way is to slap them up in Picasa (like Gunner does now
and again), and just post a link. It's free, easy, fast and effective.

Good Luck!

Erik

They're up. The server just rejected them... no injury, no foul.
( I virtually never post binarys, so mark it up as ignorance)

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:00:07 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Glenn Lyford fired this volley in news:ccc77169-f240-
:

Dropbox is at http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox though you could
also try photobucket or flickr.

Thanks, Glenn. I'll make a note. Pix to follow.

LLoyd

Picasa is one of my favorites and albums can be Public, Linked To
Only..or Private

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:10:13 -0800, Erik wrote:

In article ,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Here's that "new" old saw I finally trundled home.

It's 100% working, including the speed vise. Nice, too... I'd hate to be
cranking that handwheel 22" back and fro.

Lloyd

Uh oh... hope you don't catch hell for posting binaries...

Another easy way is to slap them up in Picasa (like Gunner does now and
again), and just post a link. It's free, easy, fast and effective.

Good Luck!

Erik

And Google..who runs Picasa..gives you a ****load of room. I think Ive
got 7 Gigs online

http://picasa.google.com should get you there

Download their picture handling software..which isnt at all bad, let it
find all the photos on your computers or networks..and let it set up an
account for you and then upload ONLY what you want. There is a small
learning curve to run the software on your computer..but its generally
very intuitive and works nicely. Ive tried a significant number of
others..and this works very very well.

For picture handing/fixing etc etc..I use IRFANVIEW...but thats for
specific work.

www.irfanview.com

Download both the program AND the plugins. Works Great!! and its free!

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-05, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley in
. 3.70:

Well... that didn't work. Let me try another way...

Ok... so how do you guys who use Xnews post pictures in-line?

I don't post pictures in-line to discussion newsgroups like
this. It is against the guidelines. Even if you succeeded, it would be
dropped by many of the news servers around the world, so many of us
would not see it.

I don't even remember where the dropbox is, it's so seldom that I try to
post stuff to view.

http://www.metalworking.com

look for the click button about the dropbox.

Or -- if your account offers a free web site (many do), you
could use that to make the image available.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DoN. Nichols" fired this volley in
:

On 2011-12-05, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com
wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this
volley in . 3.70:

Well... that didn't work. Let me try another way...

Ok... so how do you guys who use Xnews post pictures in-line?

I don't post pictures in-line to discussion newsgroups like
this. It is against the guidelines. Even if you succeeded, it would
be dropped by many of the news servers around the world, so many of us
would not see it.

Weird.

I posted the pictures about seven hours ago on the dropbox, they're
there, and still, all I get is lectures about how to (or not to) post
them.

Thanks for the help (really, I mean it), but the pix are already up.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Ackman fired this volley in
:

You've been reading this group HOW long ????

'Bout as long as you've been honing your tact skills.

I only subscribe to two newsgroups, and only read and watch. I'm not a
"power usegroup user", like you. One allows pictures, and this one,
apparently does not. To quote Gunner shrug.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley in
. 3.70:

and only read and watch

Make that "read and post text". Just so you don't get your panties in a
twist.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:56:25 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:38:33 -0600, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

They're up. The server just rejected them... no injury, no foul.

Wrong. I got all of them. Totally useless in a
text-only newsreader. Plus, I have to now go delete
them from my server.

( I virtually never post binarys, so mark it up as ignorance)

You've been reading this group HOW long ????

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

P.S: I hope she works better than she looks, 'cuz she don't look like
much from this angle. 'Course, neither did Dina (my tablesaur) when I
got her, but I gave a bit less, just $80.

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

Oddly, I saw none, and I have no filters in place, so it must be my news
server not passing them on.

She works perfect!! No mods necessary, except a long-due paint job.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-07, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

Oddly, I saw none, and I have no filters in place, so it must be my news
server not passing them on.

She works perfect!! No mods necessary, except a long-due paint job.

LLoyd

I saw no pictures also.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:29:23 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

Oddly, I saw none, and I have no filters in place, so it must be my news
server not passing them on.

She works perfect!! No mods necessary, except a long-due paint job.

I used a turquoise color match from HD (strange machine tool color
from 1920s Hollywood on a Davis & Wells saur) in their alkyd machine
paint. It worked great after a scrubbing bath with mineral spirits and
a fine red Scotchbrite pad. So far (12+ years) so good.

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to
our efforts.
-- Peter McWilliams

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-05, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com
wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this
volley in . 3.70:

Well... that didn't work. Let me try another way...

Ok... so how do you guys who use Xnews post pictures in-line?

I don't post pictures in-line to discussion newsgroups like
this. It is against the guidelines. Even if you succeeded, it would
be dropped by many of the news servers around the world, so many of us
would not see it.

Weird.

I posted the pictures about seven hours ago on the dropbox, they're
there, and still, all I get is lectures about how to (or not to) post
them.

Steve has to visually check each posting -- because there is so
much spam and even viruses being posted. He has a real job, so he can't
always get to them as quickly as you might like.

Having your own web page is an alternative, which I mentioned as
well.

Thanks for the help (really, I mean it), but the pix are already up.

I saw two copies of them -- posted using uuencoding instead of
the more common base-64 encoding, which is probably why they did not get
dropped automatically. But they *should* have been. And these may be
why you keep getting comments about what you should do -- aside from
people reading about your stateed intentions, and not yet seeing that
you eventually used the dropbox.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:20:03 -0600, Ignoramus12217

On 2011-12-07, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

Oddly, I saw none, and I have no filters in place, so it must be my news
server not passing them on.

She works perfect!! No mods necessary, except a long-due paint job.

LLoyd

I saw no pictures also.

I'm on APN from Forte. Get a -real- newsserver, guys.

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to
our efforts.
-- Peter McWilliams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-06, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Steve Ackman fired this volley in
:

You've been reading this group HOW long ????

'Bout as long as you've been honing your tact skills.

I only subscribe to two newsgroups, and only read and watch. I'm not a
"power usegroup user", like you. One allows pictures, and this one,
apparently does not. To quote Gunner shrug.

Does the one which allows pictures have the word "bin" (for
binary) in part of its name? If not, it *should* not allow pictures.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-07, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

Oddly, I saw none, and I have no filters in place, so it must be my news
server not passing them on.

I saw the two full sets too -- but your news server is not
*displaying* them, apparently. If so, it should discard them when you
try to post them, too.

And the images were gigantic -- (as were the ones on the
dropbox). Each posted one in the newsgroup consisted of two articles
each -- too big for one. And I had to reset my web browser in the
dropbox from its normal 150% size down to 50% size so I wasn't looking
at a tiny part of the image.

She works perfect!! No mods necessary, except a long-due paint job.

*That* is good.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,

On 2011-12-07, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I saw two full copies of about five megs worth of pics come through,
Lloyd. Shameful. Just shameful.

Oddly, I saw none, and I have no filters in place, so it must be my news
server not passing them on.

She works perfect!! No mods necessary, except a long-due paint job.

LLoyd

I saw no pictures also.

They came through for me... however, I'm pretty sure most usenet servers
auto strip image files out, and/or kill such posts entirely if destined
to non-binary groups.

If anyone is interested, my usenet comes from DSLExtreme... who they get
it from I couldn't tell you.

Erik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:40:37 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Steve Ackman fired this volley in
:

You've been reading this group HOW long ????

'Bout as long as you've been honing your tact skills.

Thats gonna leave a mark.....

I only subscribe to two newsgroups, and only read and watch. I'm not a
"power usegroup user", like you. One allows pictures, and this one,
apparently does not. To quote Gunner shrug.

LLoyd

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-12-07, Erik wrote:
In article ,

[ ... about posted binaries (pictures) ... ]

They came through for me... however, I'm pretty sure most usenet servers
auto strip image files out, and/or kill such posts entirely if destined
to non-binary groups.

If anyone is interested, my usenet comes from DSLExtreme... who they get
it from I couldn't tell you.

You *could* -- on an article by article basis, by examining the
headers in the article. They show all the machines that it has passed
through to get from the poster to you. Here is an example of your
article:

Look for the header which starts with "Path: " The one closest to the
back is separated by a '!' (the "bang path" of old e-mail from before
the domain name servers came into existence.) The "!not-for-mail" at
the end is automatically installed to keep people from using the bang
path for e-mail (because most news servers are no longer email servers).

Looks like a lot of "hiwhwinds-media" sites involved, and not
much else.

Enjoy,
DoN.