Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default software to help reconstruct circuit diagram?

I'm trying to debug a circuit board but have no circuit diagram.

I could take a picture of the top and bottom of the board (only one copper
layer), line them up in photoshop (flip one of them) to re-construct the
circuit diagram.

Is there a software to help me do this: import a photos of a circuit board,
draw the components, connect them with wires. At this point the circuit
diagram would look very messy because it is optimized for circuit board
layout, not for reading. So I need the software to take this circuit diagram
and re-arrange it so that it looks good.

It's the opposite of a PCB layout software.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

james wrote:
I'm trying to debug a circuit board but have no circuit diagram.

I could take a picture of the top and bottom of the board (only one
copper layer), line them up in photoshop (flip one of them) to
re-construct the circuit diagram.

Is there a software to help me do this: import a photos of a circuit
board, draw the components, connect them with wires. At this point the
circuit diagram would look very messy because it is optimized for
circuit board layout, not for reading. So I need the software to take
this circuit diagram and re-arrange it so that it looks good.

It's the opposite of a PCB layout software.

*Some* of this can be done with MasterCAM and its ilk.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:38:45 -0700, "james" wrote:

I'm trying to debug a circuit board but have no circuit diagram.

I could take a picture of the top and bottom of the board (only one copper
layer), line them up in photoshop (flip one of them) to re-construct the
circuit diagram.

That's what I do, except that I use Irfanview for the purpose.
http://www.irfanview.com
Taking a photo of the bottom of the PCB is usually easy enough.
However, the component side is usually cluttered with parts requiring
considerable guesswork as to the location of traces and pads. When I
tried to use this method to reverse engineer a messy power supply, I
gave up and used a PCB layout program instead. For example:
http://www.freepcb.com
I used the easily obtained circuit side photograph as a template, and
did my best to reconstruct the board layout and traces.

Mo
http://www.instructables.com/id/Hack-The-Spy-Ear-and-Learn-to-Reverse-Engineer-a-C/step1/How-to-Reverse-Engineer-a-Circuit/
http://www.riccibitti.com/photoshop/photoediting.htm

Is there a software to help me do this: import a photos of a circuit board,
draw the components, connect them with wires. At this point the circuit
diagram would look very messy because it is optimized for circuit board
layout, not for reading. So I need the software to take this circuit diagram
and re-arrange it so that it looks good.

It's the opposite of a PCB layout software.

I found this with Google. No experience or opinion:
http://www.deltasoft.com.cn/english/index.htm

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

james wrote in message
I'm trying to debug a circuit board but have no circuit diagram.

I could take a picture of the top and bottom of the board (only one copper
layer), line them up in photoshop (flip one of them) to re-construct the
circuit diagram.

Is there a software to help me do this: import a photos of a circuit

board,
draw the components, connect them with wires. At this point the circuit
diagram would look very messy because it is optimized for circuit board
layout, not for reading. So I need the software to take this circuit

diagram
and re-arrange it so that it looks good.

It's the opposite of a PCB layout software.

Constructing a node-map may also help

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote in message
james wrote in message
I'm trying to debug a circuit board but have no circuit diagram.

I could take a picture of the top and bottom of the board (only one

copper
layer), line them up in photoshop (flip one of them) to re-construct the
circuit diagram.

Is there a software to help me do this: import a photos of a circuit

board,
draw the components, connect them with wires. At this point the circuit
diagram would look very messy because it is optimized for circuit board
layout, not for reading. So I need the software to take this circuit

diagram
and re-arrange it so that it looks good.

It's the opposite of a PCB layout software.

Constructing a node-map may also help

After scanning in use negative and excess contrast and edge detection etc to
highlight tracks and then print off at larger scale to make more manageable,
overlaying by hand main components. Find the main rails and mark as red,
black and green say for +/-/0 rails . Leave out caps in the first pass in
unravelling. Use node-map to predict likely placements of components in
logical schematic.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is there a software to help me do this: import a photos of a circuit
board, draw the components, connect them with wires. At this point the
circuit diagram would look very messy because it is optimized for
circuit board layout, not for reading. So I need the software to take
this circuit diagram and re-arrange it so that it looks good.

this page lists electronic design apps
some are freeware

http://www.msbdesign.co.uk/software.html

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.35.7

Scanning a circuit diagram. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 12 August 21st 10 07:57 PM
Circuit Diagram help John UK diy 42 April 16th 09 03:21 PM
WANTED: Circuit Diagram the_constructor Electronics Repair 1 August 31st 07 11:08 PM
Circuit diagram [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 April 23rd 06 11:18 AM
circuit diagram brother 290 mc SISC Electronics Repair 0 August 1st 05 11:10 PM