Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who knows where the time goes

I make all sorts of plans for things, and then it seems reality comes in and
flattens everything like sand castles at the beach. I had to take the dog
to the vet today, and that turned into a much longer trip than I thought.
Bottom line, I didn't get squat done at home. Dog is fine, but had to put
her to sleep to do a couple of things to her. Interesting as I got to watch
and participate. Still ......

I thought I'd have all this time when I retired.

Where does it all go?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

I make all sorts of plans for things, and then it seems reality comes in and
flattens everything like sand castles at the beach. I had to take the dog
to the vet today, and that turned into a much longer trip than I thought.
Bottom line, I didn't get squat done at home. Dog is fine, but had to put
her to sleep to do a couple of things to her. Interesting as I got to watch
and participate. Still ......

I thought I'd have all this time when I retired.

Where does it all go?

Steve

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans." -- Somebody
Wise
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 27, 12:02*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I make all sorts of plans for things, and then it seems reality comes in and
flattens everything like sand castles at the beach. *I had to take the dog
to the vet today, and that turned into a much longer trip than I thought.
Bottom line, I didn't get squat done at home. *Dog is fine, but had to put
her to sleep to do a couple of things to her. *Interesting as I got to watch
and participate. *Still ......

I thought I'd have all this time when I retired.

Where does it all go?

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Time does not go.
We do. Time stays.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:02:55 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I make all sorts of plans for things, and then it seems reality comes in and
flattens everything like sand castles at the beach. I had to take the dog
to the vet today, and that turned into a much longer trip than I thought.
Bottom line, I didn't get squat done at home. Dog is fine, but had to put
her to sleep to do a couple of things to her. Interesting as I got to watch
and participate. Still ......

I thought I'd have all this time when I retired.

Where does it all go?

Steve

Hey Steve,

'Nother few months, and it will be ten years for me. Certainly, one
of the great time consumers is the move you made (as we did) from one
homestead to another. It takes years and years and years to "feather
a nest" to satisfy both SWMBO and oneself. I do think that retirees
who DON'T move to newer digs are better off time wise, but sometimes,
as in my case, it is necessary to get the shop you "want". Note I say
"want", and not NEED !!!! Some of the very best model engineers I
know work in shops that are so small and so poorly equipped as to make
you think maybe elves come in overnight and cart off the raw stock and
return it in the morning all machined up!!!!!!!

And this damn computer sure takes up a lot of what should be "shop"
time.

Take care. Have fun. You won't get out alive anyway.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

Where does it all go?

It goes down the Great Global Tidy Bowl Swirl (tm)...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Try that with half a dozen doggies! SWMBO rescues cockers; we get
the ones nobody wants (deaf, blind, one has a heart defect, etc) and I
provide the lap. It's amazing I get *anything* done in the shop any more.. ;-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A human without a critter
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : is incomplete..