Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default RJ-45 "through wire" crimp connectors?

I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 24, 11:17*pm, Sparky wrote:
I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

I think AMP makes some like that. I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

I think AMP makes some like that. I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?

A guy, asking for help, can't seem to get "skilled" at crimping connectors
onto a cable. I think such connectors would be easier to handle for a
beginner.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

I found them:

Bomar "EZ" type connectors.

http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bomar-
Interconnect/300668EZ/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvQhAhQbXdbBkRGiIf7Wo2Mv4x%252bE40XKq 0%3d
Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"Sparky" wrote in message
I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors
can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

I think Jameco has these.

RogerN

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

They look standard ones....

They don't look any different unless you have one in your hand.

The "EZ" suffix is the clue...

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 25, 8:34*am, Sparky wrote:
I think AMP makes some like that. *I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. *But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. *Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?

A guy, asking for help, can't seem to get "skilled" at crimping connectors
onto a cable. I think such connectors would be easier to handle for a
beginner.

Thanks.

Ahhh. Yea, some people just don't have the patience for terminating
cable. Which makes for a good market if you are in the cable
industry.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:03:15 -0800 (PST), Sansui Samari
wrote:

On Feb 24, 11:17*pm, Sparky wrote:
I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

I think AMP makes some like that. I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?

Think about field work in a dark, tight crawl space.
John Ferrell W8CCW
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 25, 1:17*am, Sparky wrote:
I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

Parts Express has them. Just go to their website and search "EZ-RJ45".
Scott
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Feb 24, 11:17*pm, Sparky wrote:
I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

I think AMP makes some like that. I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?

Think about field work in a dark, tight crawl space.
John Ferrell W8CCW

Think about a $12 spelunking/cyclists headlamp.

Who is the dip that added/adds the misc group? Cross posting dingldorfs
never cease to amaze.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

In article
,
Sparky wrote:

I think AMP makes some like that. I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?

A guy, asking for help, can't seem to get "skilled" at crimping connectors
onto a cable. I think such connectors would be easier to handle for a
beginner.

Thanks.

You need RJ-45 with feed-through or a very strong loading bar for Cat 6
patch cables. The stranded wires won't stay put when they're trimmed as
short as they should be.

There are few reasons to build a patch cable, though. They're very
cheap now.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Feb 24, 11:17 pm, Sparky wrote:
I remember seeing RJ-45 (cat 5 I think they were) crimp connectors that had
holes for the conductors drilled entirely through the connector such that
each conductor could be fed out the end. After the crimp the conductors can
be clipped off.

But I can't remember where I saw these.

Who makes these? Where can I find them?

Thanks.

I think AMP makes some like that. *I used to run a department that
made custom cabling, and I ours were that way. *But we used an auto-
crimp machine to crimp them. *Why do you need the ones that go all the
way through?

Think about field work in a dark, tight crawl space.
John Ferrell W8CCW

* Think about a $12 spelunking/cyclists headlamp.

*Who is the dip that added/adds the misc group? *Cross posting dingldorfs
never cease to amaze.- Hide quoted text -

TROLL DROPPINGS

I AM PROTEUS

"RYW crimp joint" Clive George UK diy 3 February 12th 09 09:38 PM
soft vinyl covers for blade ("Lucar") connectors ll Electronics Repair 5 June 25th 08 05:10 PM
Wire inground pool pump "Low" or "High"? bent Home Repair 13 June 15th 08 09:52 PM