Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How many guns are out there...really?

"Steve W." wrote:

Or could be like the gun an acquaintance has. Seems his pal liked to go
hunting on Mahogany Ridge and chasing the barmaid. Well, the guys wife
discovered this and took his nice Remington 700 outdoors, shoved the
barrel down between the bumper/frame on the guys truck and REALLY gave
it a heave/ho. I guess it would work OK if you wanted to shoot around
obstructions!!! (has a nice S curve in it)

Guy I knew was a advid hunter, in and out of season, anyway, he had a .410 that was his
favorite food getter for small game.

Well, having no gun safe, he hid it under the cushions in his sofa. Fairly good plan
except when he got home, he and his family sat down on it.

I took the barrel to work and and got the worst of the bend out. A few pattering sessions
with feed back from the owner and I managed to get it to shoot right again.

Ah for the good old days when you could walk in to work with guns or gun parts and nobody
got excited.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:23:21 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Steve W." wrote:

[...]

A few years back I walked into work with a felling ax in my spare hand. Site
security went berserk at the behest of my manager, who saw me coming and got
worried :-)

It was for verifiably destroying some hard disks that had military data on
them...

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Or, down the street, even.

I think that now days, you need to wear obviously a uniform
of any kind, and then the gun is OK.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message

Ah for the good old days when you could walk in to work with
guns or gun parts and nobody
got excited.

Wes
--
"Additionally as a security officer, I carry a gun to
protect

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Or, down the street, even.

Some places open carry is legal. Michigan is one of those. I've never tried it in the
city though.