Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lowest of Any President ever

"Hawke" wrote in message
Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:10:42 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

Actually I want neither of what the major parties are doin. As to
Obama, maybe your life will be better, richer, etc. Problem is your
children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will be paying the money
for your better life.

I'm in somewhat of the same position but recognize the extreme danger to
everyone should Obama fail and our nation collapses from the malfeasance
of the Bush Years... It's not as though any alternatives were left
Obama.

There is plenty of time for a mid-course correction after the economy
recovers. All else is secondary to the economy.

What's maddening is that the right wingers seem to have conveniently
forgotten the condition the country was in on January 20th. We already had
a 1.3 trillion dollar debt plus the fact that Bush doubled our country's
total debt in a five year period. Obama's been on the job less than a year
and all he's doing is trying to put out the fire that Bush started. The
minute he starts to do something to fix the problems all we hear is slow
down, don't go into debt. Well, it's a little late for that. It's like
them saying not to use the hose on the fire because it'll damage the
house. If he's going to fix things Obama has to go into massive debt to do
it. He doesn't want to but he has to. But again, most of the criticism is
just partisan right wingers trying to ruin him. If they were in charge
they would be going into debt too. Hell, there's never been a year that
republicans haven't gone into debt.

Hawke

Yeah. I agree 5,000%. I think he just needs to spend more to get the debt
down. Just like he's been doing. But in the meantime, while distributing
all that cash, see that some comes my way instead of to his cronies and
pals.

And I agree that Bush screwed up leaving all that money around for Obama to
screw up on.

Maybe they could get a loan from Dodd, Raines, and Frank.

Steve