Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Colorado USA area snow storm

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

Steve

You know, I've always wondered about that.
Why is the eastern quarter of the US the mid west?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that cavelamb on or about
Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:25:07 -0600 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

Steve

You know, I've always wondered about that.
Why is the eastern quarter of the US the mid west?

Because Chicago was on the western edge of the Northwest
Territory.

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They got better federal stimulus money, there.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in
the tube, then
they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?
About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

Steve

You know, I've always wondered about that.
Why is the eastern quarter of the US the mid west?

Because Chicago was on the western edge of the Northwest
Territory.

-
pyotr filipivich

Now that's even stranger!

I always thought the Northwest Territory was the western half of Canada.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?
About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

Steve

You know, I've always wondered about that.
Why is the eastern quarter of the US the mid west?

Because Chicago was on the western edge of the Northwest
Territory.

- pyotr filipivich

Now that's even stranger!

I always thought the Northwest Territory was the western half of Canada.

There were three of them in the US, and one in Canada. We kept redefining
the Northwest Territory in the US as we moved westward. The one Pyotr is
referring to was the first, which included Ohio.

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do you
call Cincinnati?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
[...]

Home of WKRP (and damned little else these days)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

There were three of them in the US, and one in Canada. We kept redefining
the Northwest Territory in the US as we moved westward. The one Pyotr is
referring to was the first, which included Ohio.

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do you
call Cincinnati?

"That blue-law town in the southwest of the Ohio territory where they
roll up the streets at 9:00PM."

That description also applies now that Cincinnati is in the Eastern US.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.tinyurl.com/899et

--
A host is a host from coast to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Roger Shoaf" on or
about Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:00:54 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

Has to be the "midwest". Of course, I'm from where you go east
for Cowboys.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that cavelamb on or about
Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:50:02 -0600 did write/type or cause to appear in
Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO)
is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do
we have anyone in that area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical
systems like grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?
About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

Steve

You know, I've always wondered about that.
Why is the eastern quarter of the US the mid west?

Because Chicago was on the western edge of the Northwest
Territory.

Now that's even stranger!

I always thought the Northwest Territory was the western half of Canada.

It is, now, if you are Canadian. If you are Pakistani, or old
British Raj, the Northwest Territories are that region near the Afghan
border.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

There were three of them in the US, and one in Canada. We kept redefining
the Northwest Territory in the US as we moved westward. The one Pyotr is
referring to was the first, which included Ohio.

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do you
call Cincinnati?

Porkopolis

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:25:07 -0600, cavelamb wrote:
Steven J Masta wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO) is getting
a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do we have anyone in that
area?

Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the critical systems like
grocery stores working?

Everyone OK?

Since when did Denver move to the Midwest?

About the same time it became On Topic in RCM!

You know, I've always wondered about that. Why is the eastern quarter of
the US the mid west?

It was named before "the west was won"? ;-)

Maybe the right-coasters think everything to the left of Indiana is "The
West". ;-)

When I moved to CA from MN, the left-coasters called MN "back east." ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:53:17 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do
you call Cincinnati?

Fort Apache? ;-)

Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years before the white Europeans
brought them measles, smallpox, dysentery, plague, cholera, alcohol, etc.,
and steamrollered over the "treaties," raping their women and slaughtering
men, women, and children.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Rich Grise on or
about Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:10:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:53:17 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do
you call Cincinnati?

Fort Apache? ;-)

Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years before the white Europeans
brought them measles, smallpox, dysentery, plague, cholera, alcohol, etc.,
and steamrollered over the "treaties," raping their women and slaughtering
men, women, and children.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Right.

-
pyotr filipivich
Most of the intelligentsia haven't studied history, so much
as they've absorbed the Correct Position on "History".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 9, 9:29*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years ...
Rich

* * * * Right.

- *
pyotr filipivich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois

Compare to European history after Rome fell.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Jim Wilkins on or about
Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:50:16 -0800 (PST) did write/type or cause to appear
On Dec 9, 9:29*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years ...
Rich

* * * * Right.

- *
pyotr filipivich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois

Compare to European history after Rome fell.

Not much different. The main difference is that the Iroquois
never seem to fully exploit the iron deposits.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:53:17 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do
you call Cincinnati?

Fort Apache? ;-)

Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years before the white Europeans
brought them measles, smallpox, dysentery, plague, cholera, alcohol, etc.,
and steamrollered over the "treaties," raping their women and slaughtering
men, women, and children.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

One of the Huntress women was kidnapped with another woman and a young boy
by Iroquois, during one of the early wars of the French and Indian series.
She killed four of them while they slept, scalped them, and collected £50
for the scalps. It isn't recorded whether she had them in a bag or just
handed them over by the hair.

Anyway, attitudes have changed over the years. To my early New Hampshire
relatives, the raiding "Original Americans" allied with the French were just
another type of fur-bearing animal.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
[...]

Racist!

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:10:30 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:53:17 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization, what do
you call Cincinnati?

Fort Apache? ;-)

Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years before the white Europeans
brought them measles, smallpox, dysentery, plague, cholera, alcohol, etc.,
and steamrollered over the "treaties," raping their women and slaughtering
men, women, and children.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

But only if you consider raiding, murdering, enslaving, raping and
slaughtering each others tribes to be "civilized"

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

wrote:

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:53:17 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

I mean, when Pittsburgh is the western frontier of civilization,
what do you call Cincinnati?

Fort Apache? ;-)

Actually, it was never the "frontier of civilization". The Original
Americans were civilized for hundreds of years before the white
Europeans brought them measles, smallpox, dysentery, plague, cholera,
alcohol, etc., and steamrollered over the "treaties," raping their
women and slaughtering men, women, and children.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

But only if you consider raiding, murdering, enslaving, raping and
slaughtering each others tribes to be "civilized"

Gunner

You just described Medieval Europe's concept of "Civilization".

Also Rome's, Stalinist Russia's, and Nazi Germany's.

Thus, by European Standards, the practices you described would seem to be
the very definition of "Civilization".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 19 Dec 2009 16:45:17 GMT, Eregon wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I also just described Native American culture prior to the whiteman
showing up..as well as long afterwards.

If you think Native Americans were peaceful people...you are absolutely
nutz.

While they didnt kill entire tribes...they often killed enough of them
that taking over the rest of them was easy.

Gunner, Native American

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Eregon on or about 19
Dec 2009 16:45:17 GMT did write/type or cause to appear in

wrote:

[...]

Shoot, Civilization requires "Civias" - Cities. Without those,
you can't be Civilized. All the rest is just social patterns.

tschus
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:21:18 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

You just described Medieval Europe's concept of "Civilization".

Also Rome's, Stalinist Russia's, and Nazi Germany's.

Thus, by European Standards, the practices you described would seem to be
the very definition of "Civilization".

I also just described Native American culture prior to the whiteman
showing up..as well as long afterwards.

If you think Native Americans were peaceful people...you are absolutely
nutz.

While they didnt kill entire tribes...they often killed enough of them
that taking over the rest of them was easy.

The "war bride" school of cultural diffusion. Remember the Romans
and the Sabine women?

There's a tribe down in the Carib, where the women speak a
different language than the men, because way back when all the men
were killed, and the women spared.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:30:40 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Eregon on or about 19
Dec 2009 16:45:17 GMT did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Gunner Asch wrote in
m:

wrote:

[...]

Ohhhhh!!! Ok. Thanks for explaining his world view to me.

He really is ****ed up isnt he?

Gunner

tschus
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

gunner!

Would you kindly quit taunting the trolls and go make my part???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:03:27 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Racist!

No, Mike, Ed is a champion for zero tolerance of racist intolerance, a
socially progressive vituperative critic of those who say or write
words that anyone might regard as having any racist implication. See
previous RCM thread: "Where it all began" 11/30/2009

It was Ed's early New Hampshire relatives that regarded "original
Americans" as fur-bearing animals. Perhaps Ed merely repeats it here
as a historical note to ensure that we don't forget how some of our
ancestors regarded "original Americans".

Does Brasso work on halos? G

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ill crank it out in the morning. I slept most of Saturday..was gone for
almost 2 weeks, came home Wed night, loaded machinery, and was gone
Thursday morning right back south.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Did that cause the Colorado snow storm? Or did the snow
storm affect that?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
I also just described Native American culture prior to the
whiteman
showing up..as well as long afterwards.

If you think Native Americans were peaceful people...you
are absolutely
nutz.

While they didnt kill entire tribes...they often killed
enough of them
that taking over the rest of them was easy.

The "war bride" school of cultural diffusion. Remember the
Romans
and the Sabine women?

There's a tribe down in the Carib, where the women speak a
different language than the men, because way back when all
the men
were killed, and the women spared.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Must be account of the Colorado USA area snow storm?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"cavelamb" wrote in message
news

Ohhhhh!!! Ok. Thanks for explaining his world view to me.

He really is ****ed up isnt he?

Gunner

tschus
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

gunner!

Would you kindly quit taunting the trolls and go make my
part???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Ohhhhh!!! Ok. Thanks for explaining his world view to me.

He really is ****ed up isnt he?

Native American cities existed all over the Western Hemisphere long before
Eric The Red tried to take the long way back to Scandanavia...

Archeologists are STILL amazed at the quality of their construction. GRIN
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20 Dec 2009 21:00:05 GMT, Eregon wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Ohhhhh!!! Ok. Thanks for explaining his world view to me.

He really is ****ed up isnt he?

Native American cities existed all over the Western Hemisphere long before
Eric The Red tried to take the long way back to Scandanavia...

Archeologists are STILL amazed at the quality of their construction. GRIN

Yes indeed they did. But we were not discussing their "cities" but
their lack of "civilization"....chuckle

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

On 20 Dec 2009 21:00:05 GMT, Eregon wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
m:

Ohhhhh!!! Ok. Thanks for explaining his world view to me.

He really is ****ed up isnt he?

Native American cities existed all over the Western Hemisphere long
before Eric The Red tried to take the long way back to Scandanavia...

Archeologists are STILL amazed at the quality of their construction.
GRIN

Yes indeed they did. But we were not discussing their "cities" but
their lack of "civilization"....chuckle

Gunner

According the poster to which you were responding, "Civilization"
referred to - and only to - the building/occupation of cities. grin

By either "definition" Western Hemisphere pre-Columbian and -Viking
residents would have been considered "Civilized".

Their level of science/mathmatics rivalled and, in some cases, exceeded
Europeans. GRIN
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 21 Dec 2009 00:28:54 GMT, Eregon wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

[...]

Indeed. And yet they, like the Europeans..killed with much joy and
abandon. Contrary to the posters claim they were all sitting around in
circles, giveing group hugs and singing Kumbya G

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:41:10 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

According the poster to which you were responding, "Civilization"
referred to - and only to - the building/occupation of cities. grin

By either "definition" Western Hemisphere pre-Columbian and -Viking
residents would have been considered "Civilized".

Their level of science/mathmatics rivalled and, in some cases, exceeded
Europeans. GRIN

Indeed. And yet they, like the Europeans..killed with much joy and
abandon. Contrary to the posters claim they were all sitting around in
circles, giveing group hugs and singing Kumbya G

Well, what goes on in the sweat lodge, stays in the sweat lodge.

There is, however, the situation of "amoral familialist" - that is
to say, there is Us Human Beings, and the rest. One does not lie to,
or steal from, Human Beings. Neither shall you murder, rape or
otherwise be antisocial to Human Beings. But those outside the tribe
- they don't really count, so its not like you're doing something
'bad'.
A more modern example is what happened post Kristalnacht. Several
National Socialist Workers Party members were expelled after it was
learned that they had raped some Jews. Not for the rapes, per se, but
for having sexual relations with Jews. (Wie sagt man "eeuuwww"?)

toodles
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_R%C3%B6hm

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:16:26 -0800 did write/type or cause to
wrote:

[...]

Oh, well. him.

Some how the question came up, and I quipped, "Well, of course!
With all those party uniforms they had to design, someone _must_have
had _some_ fashion sense!"
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Them...actually. Quite a herd of them.

Some how the question came up, and I quipped, "Well, of course!
With all those party uniforms they had to design, someone _must_have
had _some_ fashion sense!"

Of course...check out his attire. Spify and immaculately cut and fitted.
What more could a Nazi ask for?

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:59:39 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_R%C3%B6hm

Oh, well. him.

Them...actually. Quite a herd of them.

Some how the question came up, and I quipped, "Well, of course!
With all those party uniforms they had to design, someone _must_have
had _some_ fashion sense!"

Of course...check out his attire. Spify and immaculately cut and fitted.
What more could a Nazi ask for?

You know, that may explain why you rarely see gays dressed up like
Communists, acting out their little fantasies. Weird.

pyotr
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Snow storm coming to the Sierra's [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 14th 07 09:37 PM
Going to Colorado ebd Woodturning 0 September 12th 07 02:36 PM
Silversmithing Class in Colorado silverworker Metalworking 0 December 9th 05 05:17 PM
O.T. - Grand Junction, Colorado Steve DeMars Woodworking 4 July 6th 05 05:05 AM
Looking for Colorado Fabricator [email protected] Metalworking 2 January 13th 05 12:41 PM