Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wikipedia is now available on iphones – I am so exited to check it out

Launch of new Apple applications is no more a buzz but it is when
exclusive website like Wikipedia launches its app for the iPhone or
iPod Touch. The app is named ‘Wikipedia Mobile' by the non-profit
Wikimedia Foundation will be available free for download now from
Apple iTunes App Store. I am so exited to check it out. If anyone
already has checked it out please share your views.

Check it out at: http://www.ziphone.org/2009/08/wikip...plication.html
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wilson wrote:
Launch of new Apple applications is no more a buzz but it is when
exclusive website like Wikipedia launches its app for the iPhone or
iPod Touch.

'ZiPhone' is one of the popular jailbreaking/unlock tools for the
iPhone. One wonders exactly what the ethics of the authors are about
when they resort to spamming newsgroups with this kind of crap. Perhaps
it's "fu&k Apple, fu&k the rest of 'em".

If ye've installed ZiPhone on your iPhone, have you thought where your
personal data is going?

BTW Wikipedia has been running quite sucessfully on mobile platforms for
some time, iPhone and Blackberry included; the site scales content and
CSS presentation to fit the smaller screens.

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 8/28/2009 11:49 PM wilson spake thus:

Launch of new Apple applications is no more a buzz but it is when
exclusive website like Wikipedia launches its app for the iPhone or
iPod Touch. The app is named ‘Wikipedia Mobile' by the non-profit
Wikimedia Foundation will be available free for download now from
Apple iTunes App Store. I am so exited to check it out. If anyone
already has checked it out please share your views.

Check it out at: http://www.ziphone.org/2009/08/wikip...plication.html

Oh, great: so now the so-called "encyclopedia" that "anyone can edit"
(meaning zit-faced junior-high-schoolers and teenage geeks, with no peer
review or other fact-checking) can get even wider dissemination. Just
what the world needs.