Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sylvania 32" TV ( SRT2432S ) repaired

Hello All,
This set was a dead unit, my daughter described it as a vertical
problem (horizontal line in center) before it wouldn't turn on again.
I remember reading here or elsewhere that vertical problems in some
sets will prevent the horizontal circuit from starting up. It did
start up sometimes and immediately shut down (the crt never
illuminated). I found the vertical deflection IC bad (IC551,
LA78041) and a bad capacitor (C584, .47Ufd 160 Vdc). Hope this helps
somebody ! The information available on the WEB anymore is terrible,
even these newsgroups have become loaded with nonsense. Sorry to
offend any of the old timers, but they know what I mean. Does anyone
know how to get in the service menu ? The vertical software adjustment
seem fine but it would be nice to know how to access the menu. Thanks
and hope this helps someone. Take Care !