Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Beta

Working on a delux version of the VCR. There is a little white
lever in the upper right of the loading mechanism that is preventing
insertion of the tape. I just wondered if this was a common lever
in some versions ??

This thing weighs at least 35 lbs.

greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Working on a delux version of the VCR. There is a little white
lever in the upper right of the loading mechanism that is preventing
insertion of the tape. I just wondered if this was a common lever
in some versions?

This thing weighs at least 35 lbs.

That's an awfully heavy lever. (ba DUM!)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 12 mayo, 18:51, (GregS) wrote:
Working on a delux version of the VCR.

erm, which model? sony did about two dozen , you know....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , b wrote:
On 12 mayo, 18:51, (GregS) wrote:
Working on a delux version of the VCR.

erm, which model? sony did about two dozen , you know....

SL-HF900

I think there was a manual for this around, but the main person passed
and that might be a problem.

greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

SL-HF900
I think there was a manual for this around, but the main person
passed and that might be a problem.

I own this unit, and have the service manual. (Certainly one of the classic
Betamaxes. Best timer-setting system ever, in any VCR.) If you could ask a
specific question, I'll try to find the answer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , "William Sommerwerck" wrote:
SL-HF900
I think there was a manual for this around, but the main person
passed and that might be a problem.

I own this unit, and have the service manual. (Certainly one of the classic
Betamaxes. Best timer-setting system ever, in any VCR.) If you could ask a
specific question, I'll try to find the answer.

There is a white lever preventing insertion of cassette. I can't
see anything to make it move. Its either out
of position or something else is broke or missing.
if I remove the lever it will otherwise work except the mechanism
may be unsable.

http://zekfrivolous.com/sony/

greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

There is a white lever preventing insertion of cassette. I can't
see anything to make it move. Its either out of position or
something else is broke or missing. if I remove the lever it will
otherwise work except the mechanism may be unsable.

Give me an hour or two to get back to you on this. I'm in the middle of some
things that have to be completed. Thanks for your patience.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Meat Plow wrote:

wrote:
SL-HF900
I think there was a manual for this around, but the main person
passed and that might be a problem.

I own this unit, and have the service manual. (Certainly one of the classic
Betamaxes. Best timer-setting system ever, in any VCR.) If you could ask a
specific question, I'll try to find the answer.

There is a white lever preventing insertion of cassette. I can't
see anything to make it move. Its either out
of position or something else is broke or missing.
if I remove the lever it will otherwise work except the mechanism
may be unsable.

http://zekfrivolous.com/sony/

greg

If it just prevents tape insertion it's probably there to prevent the
tape from being inserted unless the threading carousel is in the
correct position.

Well there is nothing wrong with that. Its my Beta test cartridge thats
at fault. ??

I am now working on the real problem. Looks like sticky feed motor.

greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article , Meat Plow
wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 14:16:03 GMT,

wrote:
[...]

Fixed that, now the tape will not move much or none in rewind or FF.
It works in play mode in forward and reverse. Glad I don't see
much of these anymore. taking the motor head off gave me Deja Vu
I think I have done this before. Seems this or another Beta
recorder had some Sanyo power module problems. The modules
were replaced..

greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fixed that, now the tape will not move much or none in
rewind or FF. It works in play mode in forward and reverse.

Though unlikely, don't rule out a high-friction cassette.