Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ben & Jerry's

"Flash" wrote:

Not just in Japan. There is a Starbucks right across the main drag from the
McDonalds, here in my little village. One morning, while getting an EggMcM,
I watched a woman in a Beemer in the drive-thru: she got a cup of McD
coffee, and before she pulled out into traffic, she poured it in a Starbucks
cup to drink on the way to work and on further, into the office. I know
where this gal works, and watched this performance more than once.

I've had some Starbucks coffee from beans my brother bought, never have been in the store.
It tastes pretty good.

Years ago, my now ex would insist we stop at Burger King for food and then drive to the
McDonalds for coffee. Being a guy, I'd just get everything in one place and drive on.
McDonalds does make a fairly good cup of coffee and their coffee cups are far more sturdy
than Burger Kings. That matters when you are going camping and reuse the styrofoam cup
for a few days

Being a guy that is just cheap, I buy sleeves of 16 oz foam cups now, brew my own and take
it to work. 25 cups is about 1.29 lids 1.59 per C.

In these tough times, she had to cut a few expenses to make that beemer payment

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote: (clip) In these tough times, she had to cut a few expenses to
make that beemer payment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it really a Beemer? I followed a Bugotti once for miles, which turned
out to be a fibreglass shell on a VW.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Wes" wrote: (clip) In these tough times, she had to cut a few expenses to
make that beemer payment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it really a Beemer? I followed a Bugotti once for miles, which turned
out to be a fibreglass shell on a VW.

Good point. We all know women tend to resort to all sorts of subterfuge to appear as
something they are not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Wes" wrote: (clip) In these tough times, she had to cut a few expenses to
make that beemer payment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it really a Beemer? I followed a Bugotti once for miles, which turned
out to be a fibreglass shell on a VW.

Good point. We all know women tend to resort to all sorts of subterfuge to appear as
something they are not.

...Which a man would *never* do.

--Winston -- 6'5", 25 years old, Independently wealthy,
Clever and devilishly handsome.

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:37:07 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Wes wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Wes" wrote: (clip) In these tough times, she had to cut a few expenses to
make that beemer payment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it really a Beemer? I followed a Bugotti once for miles, which turned
out to be a fibreglass shell on a VW.

Good point. We all know women tend to resort to all sorts of subterfuge to appear as
something they are not.

..Which a man would *never* do.

--Winston -- 6'5", 25 years old, Independently wealthy,
Clever and devilishly handsome.

You forgot the "large feet/hands" thing for the ad, Winnie. Wimmens
like those.

--
Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 20, 11:32*am, Wes wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Wes" wrote: *(clip) In these tough times, she had to cut a few expenses to
make that beemer payment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it really a Beemer? *I followed a Bugotti once for miles, which turned
out to be a fibreglass shell on a VW.

Good point. *We all know women tend to resort to all sorts of subterfuge to appear as
something they are not.

And men don't?

Laugh..laugh..laugh...

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

I gotta break out some Heinlein soon, been long enough I forgot the plots. There was a
real writer.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:00:35 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

I gotta break out some Heinlein soon, been long enough I forgot the plots. There was a
real writer.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Then do Larry Niven's 100 novels, following those up with Andre
Norton's 100. g

A friend just turned me on to S.M. Stirling. I'm halfway through the
first book (_Dies The Fire_) of his Emberverse series. Since he
co-authored books with Pournelle and Drake, I knew his work was high
caliber before rentin' it from the local library.

_Dies The Fire_ is like what's about to happen now (anarchy looms) but
in the book, the Change happens when a bright flash is seen around the
continent and all power goes down, batteries, too. Even gunpowder
lowers its output to a fizzle. I'll glean more in the last half of
the book + the other two volumes in the initial series.

I'll likely end up reading everything ever written by him, too, even
if he does have a very, very weird hairdo.

--
Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

--Robert A. Heinlein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
(....)

--Winston -- 6'5", 25 years old, Independently wealthy,
Clever and devilishly handsome.

You forgot the "large feet/hands" thing for the ad, Winnie. Wimmens
like those.

You're confusing me here, Larry.
I really *do* have large feet and hands.

.....DoH!

--Winston

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:51:15 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
(....)

--Winston -- 6'5", 25 years old, Independently wealthy,
Clever and devilishly handsome.

You forgot the "large feet/hands" thing for the ad, Winnie. Wimmens
like those.

You're confusing me here, Larry.
I really *do* have large feet and hands.

....DoH!

To women, those "key words" mean that you're well hung, so they'll fit
right in with the rest of your lie^H^H^Hbrutal honesty.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:51:15 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
(....)

--Winston -- 6'5", 25 years old, Independently wealthy,
Clever and devilishly handsome.
You forgot the "large feet/hands" thing for the ad, Winnie. Wimmens
like those.

You're confusing me here, Larry.
I really *do* have large feet and hands.

....DoH!

To women, those "key words" mean that you're well hung, so they'll fit
right in with the rest of your lie^H^H^Hbrutal honesty.

How Victorian!

--Winston

--

I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of adequacy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

I gotta break out some Heinlein soon, been long enough I forgot the plots. There was a
real writer.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Then do Larry Niven's 100 novels, following those up with Andre
Norton's 100. g

Larry is up to one hundred? Damn, I got some catching up.

A friend just turned me on to S.M. Stirling. I'm halfway through the
first book (_Dies The Fire_) of his Emberverse series. Since he
co-authored books with Pournelle and Drake, I knew his work was high
caliber before rentin' it from the local library.

David Drake? Been a long time since I've read sci fi but that was an author I liked
reading.

_Dies The Fire_ is like what's about to happen now (anarchy looms) but
in the book, the Change happens when a bright flash is seen around the
continent and all power goes down, batteries, too. Even gunpowder
lowers its output to a fizzle. I'll glean more in the last half of
the book + the other two volumes in the initial series.

I'll likely end up reading everything ever written by him, too, even
if he does have a very, very weird hairdo.

That sounds interesting. I think the last books I read in the scifi gender was some of
the Turtledove alternate histories. Gunner would love those.

Wish a Kindle was in the budget.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:10:23 -0500, Wes wrote:

David Drake? Been a long time since I've read sci fi but that was an author I liked
reading.

snip

Wish a Kindle was in the budget.

The Baen Free Library is marvellous.

I much prefer real books but being on a small pension I can only
afford about $50 per month for books so I really appreciate it..

I am currently reading "An Oblique Approach" by David Drake/Eric
Flint - different to my usual choice but very enjoyable.

Alan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:10:23 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

I gotta break out some Heinlein soon, been long enough I forgot the plots. There was a
real writer.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Then do Larry Niven's 100 novels, following those up with Andre
Norton's 100. g

Larry is up to one hundred? Damn, I got some catching up.

Well, maybe not. This only lists 88:
http://www.biblio.com/author_biograp...rry_Niven.html

A friend just turned me on to S.M. Stirling. I'm halfway through the
first book (_Dies The Fire_) of his Emberverse series. Since he
co-authored books with Pournelle and Drake, I knew his work was high
caliber before rentin' it from the local library.

David Drake? Been a long time since I've read sci fi but that was an author I liked
reading.

A pair of Davids (Drake and Weber) beats a full house.

_Dies The Fire_ is like what's about to happen now (anarchy looms) but
in the book, the Change happens when a bright flash is seen around the
continent and all power goes down, batteries, too. Even gunpowder
lowers its output to a fizzle. I'll glean more in the last half of
the book + the other two volumes in the initial series.

I'll likely end up reading everything ever written by him, too, even
if he does have a very, very weird hairdo.

That sounds interesting. I think the last books I read in the scifi gender was some of
the Turtledove alternate histories. Gunner would love those.

Wish a Kindle was in the budget.

The only problem is that the kindle books are all $10-$3,500 each.
(Damn, Amazon took out the ability to sort by price since I last
looked.) The scientific e-tomes were really high.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:10:23 -0500, Wes wrote:

That sounds interesting. I think the last books I read in the scifi gender was some of
the Turtledove alternate histories. Gunner would love those.

G...I have most of them

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 23, 8:36*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
Good man! *Methinks it's time to reread the Ringworld series and Mote,
his very best work. *

Interesting how the Moties treated the engineering mentality as
subhuman.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 05:36:27 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:56:51 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:10:23 -0500, Wes wrote:

That sounds interesting. I think the last books I read in the scifi gender was some of
the Turtledove alternate histories. Gunner would love those.

Wes, I missed that originally. Sci-fi isn't sexist, so "genre" would
have worked better there. heh heh heh

G...I have most of them

Good man! Methinks it's time to reread the Ringworld series and Mote,
his very best work. I wonder how many of them are in my local
library, which is no longer linked to the SOLIS network. sigh

Ringworld, Children, and Engineers are all there, but no Mote. Waaah!

I keep telling you...I have a couple terrabytes of Ebooks I can burn to
DVD fror you.
SciFi
Military fiction and history, and TMs
hell...all sorts of stuff, manuals, plans, etc etc etc

Shrug

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:15:37 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Great, put 'em in Kindle format and sent 'em with a Kindle!
That might not stress my eyes like the computer screen does.

Got a list for me to pick 'n choose from? I may take you up on the
offer for manuals, plans, stuff stuff, y'know? Danke.

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:25:17 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:41:26 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Ringworld, Children, and Engineers are all there, but no Mote. Waaah!

I keep telling you...I have a couple terrabytes of Ebooks I can burn to
DVD fror you.
SciFi
Military fiction and history, and TMs
hell...all sorts of stuff, manuals, plans, etc etc etc

Great, put 'em in Kindle format and sent 'em with a Kindle!
That might not stress my eyes like the computer screen does.

Got a list for me to pick 'n choose from? I may take you up on the
offer for manuals, plans, stuff stuff, y'know? Danke.

Let me see what I can do about a listing.

Negative on the Kindle btw.

Ah dinna thin so. g

Ver 2.0 appears to suck worse than the
original version does, given all the reviews.

Nearly as many hate it as love it. That's not a good sign. Not only is
the thing way overpriced, the books for it are, too. I can buy 100
ex-libris copies of acid-free, library-bound hardcovers for the price
of a Kindle and a handful of books for it. At that price, I'll never
know whether or not e-ink is better than ebooks. shrug

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ben & Jerry's Look

I got the Sony and it accepts text and pdf... :-)

So I never run out of books. Some are boring as heck -
ever read a book in Latin ? - I don't mean a teaching book
but a professional science book. UGH. I read pictures better.
Some of it is known to me. Computer is best for that.

Oh - just got down to 65 degrees! Going to be a cool night
after all.

[ Gunner - I have to look at stuff in the shop... ]
[ I'll take pictures. Might have something you want!]

wrote:

[...]

Negative on the Kindle btw. Ver 2.0 appears to suck worse than the
original version does, given all the reviews.

Gunner

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:45:22 -0600, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn"
scrawled the following:

I got the Sony and it accepts text and pdf... :-)

What model? Is it using the e-ink technology? I'm curious as to how
much better it might be for my eyes. My dueling astigmatisms don't
like to stay on screens for too long, despite good correction.

So I never run out of books. Some are boring as heck -
ever read a book in Latin ?

No, I don't read it. Do you?

- I don't mean a teaching book
but a professional science book. UGH. I read pictures better.
Some of it is known to me. Computer is best for that.

Grok that. A client once gave me a copy of his book on birding. It was
600+ pages of text, not one single picture--even on the dust cover!

I guess, for a research scientist who already has lebenty seben
gazillion pics, that still might be handy, but I'll guarantee that he
didn't sell too many copies.

Oh - just got down to 65 degrees! Going to be a cool night
after all.

Oh, no! Throw on a couple more blankies, mon.

[ Gunner - I have to look at stuff in the shop... ]
[ I'll take pictures. Might have something you want!]

Like a mini-mill and mini-lathe? Cool!

---

Ben & Jerry's Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 19th 09 01:49 AM
Eugene, Oregon. Thanks and a plug for Jerry's Mike in Arkansas Woodworking 2 October 19th 05 02:21 AM