Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default O.J. is going to prison

As far as I'm concerned, anything related to OJ is 'dirty'. The psycho
killer deserves whatever happens to him, legitimate justice or
farcical travesty. Carma....
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 07:40:28 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Just heard the news...
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...2CkRAD93JGAUO0

I know a lot of you will be celebrating. But strangely I feel less
impressed with your criminal justice system than I was the last time.
This case has been a farce. As I see it, pretty much every witness is
dirty, and there are numerous significant uncertainties. And after all,
it was just a bunch of guys who got into a scrape in hotel room. Does it
matter? I am not convinced that the case should have come to trial, and
neither do I feel confident that the verdict has nothing to do with his
1995 acquittal.

There will be an appeal I'm sure. We'll see which way it goes.

Guess I tend to take the side of the defendant.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, anything related to OJ is 'dirty'. The psycho
killer deserves whatever happens to him, legitimate justice or
farcical travesty. Carma....

The danger in accepting any kind of justice that is not legitimate and
fair is that it will allow it to become more commonplace.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Agree 100%. I don't condon illegitimate justice, I just said OJ
deserves whatever happens to him.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 01:15:51 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

JR North wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, anything related to OJ is 'dirty'. The psycho
killer deserves whatever happens to him, legitimate justice or
farcical travesty. Carma....

The danger in accepting any kind of justice that is not legitimate and
fair is that it will allow it to become more commonplace.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"JR North" wrote in message
As far as I'm concerned, anything related to OJ is 'dirty'. The psycho
killer deserves whatever happens to him, legitimate justice or
farcical travesty. Carma....
JR
Dweller in the cellar

He'll get his in prison. And soon, I'd wager. There is slim chances of him
getting out alive one way or the other.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As far as I'm concerned, anything related to OJ is 'dirty'. The psycho
killer deserves whatever happens to him, legitimate justice or
farcical travesty. Carma....
JR

I'd say that O.J. doesn't deserve whatever happens to him. What he deserves
is to be in prison or dead for killing two people in L.A. 13 years ago. But
we have one lousy system of justice. In the first case it was a complete
travesty. There was more than ample evidence that O.J. was guilty of a
double homicide and justice would have been either life in prison or the
death penalty. He got neither, so there was no justice.

This time around it was a penny ante squabble between a bunch of small time
crooks. It was not a major crime of any kind and no one should have gotten a
long sentence in prison for it. No one was hurt, it is debatable who owned
the merchandise they were fighting over, and all the players were liars and
petty criminals. A fine or a short time in the country jail would have been
fair. Instead, O.J. is probably getting a life sentence. That's not justice.

So O.J. had two shots at justice in our system and neither one produced a
just sentence for the crime committed. In both cases the punishment did not
fit the crime. But is it just that O.J. is now getting a long prison
sentence? When you consider how he got off Scot free for a double murder I'd
say the hands of justice have finally gotten a hold of a man that deserves a
life sentence in prison. So justice did prevail but not from a decent system
but came about by accident. O.J. is getting what he deserves but it just
shows that our justice system really needs a lot of improvement.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote:

I'd say that O.J. doesn't deserve whatever happens to him. What he deserves
is to be in prison or dead for killing two people in L.A. 13 years ago. But
we have one lousy system of justice. In the first case it was a complete
travesty. There was more than ample evidence that O.J. was guilty of a
double homicide and justice would have been either life in prison or the
death penalty. He got neither, so there was no justice.

You and I know he was dirty but he had a trial and prevailed. That is our system and
better 100 men go free than one be falsely convicted. Not a perfect quote but you get the
idea.

This time around it was a penny ante squabble between a bunch of small time
crooks. It was not a major crime of any kind and no one should have gotten a
long sentence in prison for it. No one was hurt, it is debatable who owned
the merchandise they were fighting over, and all the players were liars and
petty criminals. A fine or a short time in the country jail would have been
fair. Instead, O.J. is probably getting a life sentence. That's not justice.

If there was a firearm, it was armed robbery. AKA, a violent crime. OJ organized this
thing and a conspiracy to commit an armed robbery is not penny anty.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 05:41:44 -0400, Wes wrote:

If there was a firearm, it was armed robbery. AKA, a violent crime. OJ organized this
thing and a conspiracy to commit an armed robbery is not penny anty.

Wes

Very good point. Zero tolerance for criminal use of firearms makes a
lot more sense than criminalizing all arms and thereby making all
citizens easy prey.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
[...]

Hawke, that's a very thoughtful summary. I'm going to disagree with you
about the amount of doubt in the murder trial. I think that, mainly due
to the carelessness of the police, there was reasonable doubt. But
you've explained very well my suspicions about what is happening to O.J.
Simpson today.

Best wishes,

Chris