Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Health Care

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:34:03 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrolled the following:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

snip

Locally, a haircut is $8.50

Yeah? What kind of bowl do they use?

You say that like it's a bad thing, Ed.

I can save the $5.99 coupon on the monthly throwaway paper and get a
haircut at one place, or I can go to my regular salon and get a men's
medium haircut for $11, with tip. My barberette in the $5.99 place
was a Hispanic 4x4 tessie. In the salon, an attractive plain Jane.
Or I can wait until Christmas or summer and get one gratis from my
sister.

Other places in town charge up to double that for the exact same
haircut. I had a coupon for another place and the lady was nice, and
she surprised me when she didn't ask if I wanted my ear fur trimmed
but just reached in and did it. =:0

"Why in Hell do you pay twenty 'leben bucks for that little bit of
hair, Gramps?" queried the man with the hirsutely-challenged forehead.

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:34:03 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrolled the following:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Actually, I just quit doing that. Another place in town, where I went
earlier this past summer when my favorite place was closed, assumes I'm a
senior and gives me a big discount. I'm paying $9 now. I used to resent it
when businesses assumed I was a senior, but now I just go with the flow. I
might even hobble a little bit coming in the door to encourage the
impression.

I'd go for those 4:30 PM senior specials in the restaurants, but I don't
like my food all ground up like that...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:25:01 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Gunner" wrote in message

[...]

That's better.

I used to resent it
when businesses assumed I was a senior, but now I just go with the flow. I
might even hobble a little bit coming in the door to encourage the
impression.

I'm gray enough for that now, too. And, since I'm otherwise not
crippled with avarice or criminality, it feels good to be an outlaw.

I'd go for those 4:30 PM senior specials in the restaurants, but I don't
like my food all ground up like that...

I do, but only after a dental visit. I tend to chew of the inside of
my cheeks after that damned novocaine. For smaller work, I eschew the
pain killers. The drill hurts less than those shots and aftereffects.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Health Care Larry Jaques Metalworking 1 September 26th 08 02:39 AM
Health Care Larry Jaques Metalworking 3 September 24th 08 09:07 PM
Health Care Mark Rand Metalworking 3 September 19th 08 12:00 AM
Health Care Larry Jaques Metalworking 9 September 18th 08 05:11 AM
OT - Gunner's New Welfare Health Care Plan Cliff Metalworking 1 November 27th 04 12:26 AM