Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC VCR belts

Who sells a belt/tire kit is for a JVC hr-vp830u?

I find a few belts that x-ref to it, but maybe not all of them, and no
wheels or tires.

Thanks.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BH BH is offline

On May 7, 11:52*am, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
Who sells a belt/tire kit is for a JVC hr-vp830u?

I find a few belts that x-ref to it, but maybe not all of them, and no
wheels or tires.

Thanks.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Have you tried JVC Service Dept?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"BH" wrote in message

On May 7, 11:52 am, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
Who sells a belt/tire kit for a JVC hr-vp830u?

I find a few belts that x-ref to it, but maybe not all of them, and
no wheels or tires.

Thanks.

Have you tried JVC Service Dept?

At http://www.jvcservice.com/store/ they sell remotes and cables and such.
I didn't try calling them though.

MCM has some belts, but I think a rubber idler wheel might be the problem.
I thought there would be a kit with the whole set.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"BH" wrote in message

On May 7, 11:52 am, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
Who sells a belt/tire kit for a JVC hr-vp830u?

I find a few belts that x-ref to it, but maybe not all of them, and
no wheels or tires.

Thanks.

Have you tried JVC Service Dept?

At http://www.jvcservice.com/store/ they sell remotes and cables and such.
I didn't try calling them though.

MCM has some belts, but I think a rubber idler wheel might be the problem.
I thought there would be a kit with the whole set.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

A long time ago there used to be an outfit called PRB - they carried
all sorts of replacement belts and pulleys...but I think I remember
seeing a post here that they were bought out by another company.
Sorry, I can't remember the name.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried rubber
cleaner/reconditioner fluid?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mr. Land" wrote:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"BH" wrote in message

[...]

They were bought by Russell industries.
http://russellind.com/downl.htm

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mr. Land" wrote in message

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried rubber
cleaner/reconditioner fluid?

Never heard of it actually. Thanks. Google finds rubber stamp cleaner
(maybe the same?) and a guy who recommends GoJo hand cleaner. Do you know
another product?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Mr. Land" wrote in message

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried rubber
cleaner/reconditioner fluid?

Never heard of it actually. Thanks. Google finds rubber stamp cleaner
(maybe the same?) and a guy who recommends GoJo hand cleaner. Do you know
another product?

I have some stuff called Rubber Renew, it works pretty well.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On May 7, 5:52 pm, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
Who sells a belt/tire kit is for a JVC hr-vp830u?

I find a few belts that x-ref to it, but maybe not all of them, and no
wheels or tires.

Thanks.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Don't waste time with 'rubber repairers'. if the rubber is on its way
out, you're just putting off the inevitable. for a reliable fix
replace the parts.

Molgar have them, as do (i think) SEME and CHS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

b wrote:

Don't waste time with 'rubber repairers'. if the rubber is on its way
out, you're just putting off the inevitable. for a reliable fix
replace the parts.

That depends on what is wrong with the rubber. If it is glazed, you
can clean it and continue to use it. If it is cracked or crazed, it
needs replaced. I recently paid $7 for a quart of deglazer at a local
printshop to clean the rollers on some printers, since I can't find new
rubber. The best I ever used was 'Friend's Vita Drive'. I haven't seen
any of it in about 30 years.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 10 mayo, 04:35, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
That depends on what is wrong with the rubber. If it is glazed, you
can clean it and continue to use it. If it is cracked or crazed, it
needs replaced. I recently paid $7 for a quart of deglazer at a local
printshop to clean the rollers on some printers, since I can't find new
rubber.

fair point - I have successfully resurfaced rubber idler tyres and
rollers, ( in vcrs, printers etc) often by just giving 'em a once-over
with fine sandpaper or an emery board. On more serious cases , on
especially hard-to-find parts (like idler drive 1960s record players)
putting the part in a lathe to rotate it 'evenly' as you 'sand' it is
a good way.

Anyway i digress - since we're talking belts here, I have found these
to be far less likely to respond well over the long term to
'rejuvenation' - best to replace, they're generally far cheaper than
idlers anyway

-b

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

Cleaning belts can give you a chance to make sure everything else is
OK before investing in new rubber.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 9, 11:36*am, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
"Mr. Land" wrote in message

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried rubber
cleaner/reconditioner fluid?

Automotive brake fluid is a good rubber cleaner/conditioner.
Wipe on, wait a day, rinse off excess.

Aged rubber will oxidize and crack, the conditioner won't always
bring it back.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , "Mr. Land" wrote:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"BH" wrote in message

[...]

Try here

http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/

6 belts for sanders George UK diy 4 November 2nd 07 10:42 PM
source for VCR belts Dave Electronics Repair 6 August 13th 07 03:09 PM
Belts for cd player Stephen A Vicinanza Electronics Repair 2 July 2nd 05 01:16 PM
looking for small belts. Rex Metalworking 10 January 31st 05 07:42 PM
Replacement belts Garey Home Repair 0 January 8th 05 02:25 AM