Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default eu2a diode equivalents?

Ran into a bit of a wall here, Hanging off pin 6 of the tda8177 vertical
deflection ic. This is all fitted in a 68cm centrex tv (unsure of exact
model sticker on the back is missing.)

The tda 8177 has literally exploded and the diode is open circuit. I am yet
to delve further into this set. I am unable to find a supplier for this
diode in australia, so looking for a sub

EU2A datasheet says
Maximum peak rev voltage: 600v
Maximum peak reverse surge voltage: 650v
Maximum average forward current: 1.0a
Maximum peak forward surge current: 15a

Any help is appreciated.

Joe.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Joe

Looking at the data sheet for the TDA8177, this would appear to be the boost
supply diode for the chip's output stage. The trick to replacing it is not
so much its voltage characteristics as the fact that it's a fast recovery
type. The following data sheet source for this component, also lists many
similar types, from which you should be able to select an alternative that's
both suitable, and available.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...NKEN/EU2A.html

Arfa

"Joe Carroll" wrote in message
Ran into a bit of a wall here, Hanging off pin 6 of the tda8177 vertical
deflection ic. This is all fitted in a 68cm centrex tv (unsure of exact
model sticker on the back is missing.)

The tda 8177 has literally exploded and the diode is open circuit. I am
yet
to delve further into this set. I am unable to find a supplier for this
diode in australia, so looking for a sub

EU2A datasheet says
Maximum peak rev voltage: 600v
Maximum peak reverse surge voltage: 650v
Maximum average forward current: 1.0a
Maximum peak forward surge current: 15a

Any help is appreciated.

Joe.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cheers for the reply,

I havent had a lot to do with subbing components before would A higer
current capacity but the same recovery rate be a major issue?

Joe.
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Joe

Looking at the data sheet for the TDA8177, this would appear to be the

boost
supply diode for the chip's output stage. The trick to replacing it is
not
so much its voltage characteristics as the fact that it's a fast recovery
type. The following data sheet source for this component, also lists many
similar types, from which you should be able to select an alternative

that's
both suitable, and available.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...NKEN/EU2A.html

Arfa

"Joe Carroll" wrote in message
Cheers for the reply,

I havent had a lot to do with subbing components before would A higer
current capacity but the same recovery rate be a major issue?

Joe.

In general, that would be an OK assumption. As long as the voltage and
current ratings at least match or are better, and it is a fast recovery
type, in this particular application, that will be fine. Check the package
style as well when you pick one, just in case it's different from the
original, which might cause an issue with board space.

Arfa