Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

Default Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available

Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available

Litton was taken over by Maytag, but as of now, parts are still
available for many models.

You can search by entering your full model (try with and without any
dots or dashes in yours) he http://tinyurl.com/gv383

If you need an owner's manual / instruction booklet, first try here
for a free one: http://maytag.com/support/manuals_literature.jsp

If it's not found there, you may be able to order one he
http://tinyurl.com/gv383

Key words: Litton Industries Litton microwave oven parts Litton
microwave parts owner's manual owner manual instruction book
instruction

manual instruction booklet use and care guide use & care guide

Hope this helps.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide $39.95
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

On Feb 29, 7:37*pm, William Miller wrote:
Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available

Litton was taken over by Maytag, but as of now, parts are still
available for many models.

You can search by entering your full model (try with and without any
dots or dashes in yours) hehttp://tinyurl.com/gv383

If you need an owner's manual / instruction booklet, first try here
for a free one:http://maytag.com/support/manuals_literature.jsp

If it's not found there, you may be able to order one hehttp://tinyurl.com/gv383

Key words: Litton Industries Litton microwave oven parts Litton
microwave parts owner's manual owner manual instruction book
instruction

manual instruction booklet use and care guide use & care guide

Hope this helps.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide $39.95

Ah 49.95 and I have a new microwave,,,,,,,,,,,, beat that ....
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
[...]

Ah two cents and I have your mother on my left nut,,,,,, beat that ......

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

On Feb 29, 8:21 pm, ransley wrote:
[...]

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you
are lucky.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Ah 49.95 and I have a new microwave,,,,,,,,,,,, beat that ....

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you
are lucky.

True, but it will cook better than the 20 year old Litton too.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Lee Lee is offline

wrote:
[...]

I have a 'Little Litton', made in the sixties, and it still works fine,
in fact does popcorn (it has no turntable) better than new ones do.
It has never had a repair other than replacing the light bulb every few
years.
However, it will give you a hernia when you pick it up! g

Regards
Lee
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple
years if you are lucky.

True, but it will cook better than the 20 year old Litton. too.

It will? On what grounds do you say that?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
Ah 49.95 and I have a new microwave,,,,,,,,,,,, beat that ....

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you
are lucky.

True, but it will cook better than the 20 year old Litton too.

I doubt it. In fact there will likely be virtually no difference in cooking
ability. Microwave oven technology has been refined to the extent that
there's very little difference from one unit to another, much like the "AA5"
radio of the tube era, the outside may look different, but under the cover
they're all remarkably similar.

If you have a big old oven in decent cosmetic condition and you still like
the thing, seems like it's worth fixing, but then I'd rather fix anything
than throw it away.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

I have a 'Little Litton', made in the sixties, and it still works fine, in
fact does popcorn (it has no turntable) better than new ones do.
It has never had a repair other than replacing the light bulb every few
years.
However, it will give you a hernia when you pick it up! g

The old ones have a metal "fan" blade at the end of the waveguide which
spins by the airflow from the magnetron cooling fan. This blade scatters the
microwave energy to prevent hot spots. New ovens usually just have a
turntable instead. It's debatable which is a better approach, I'm guessing
the turntable must be cheaper to make though, either that or people just
recognize it as a feature while the fan blade is hidden.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple
years if you are lucky.

True, but it will cook better than the 20 year old Litton. too.

It will? On what grounds do you say that?

Well, assuming there is a need for parts, the 20 year old Litton is
probably not cooking at all. Anything's better than that.

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

James Sweet wrote:
I have a 'Little Litton', made in the sixties, and it still works fine, in
fact does popcorn (it has no turntable) better than new ones do.
It has never had a repair other than replacing the light bulb every few
years.
However, it will give you a hernia when you pick it up! g

The old ones have a metal "fan" blade at the end of the waveguide which
spins by the airflow from the magnetron cooling fan. This blade scatters the
microwave energy to prevent hot spots. New ovens usually just have a
turntable instead. It's debatable which is a better approach, I'm guessing
the turntable must be cheaper to make though, either that or people just
recognize it as a feature while the fan blade is hidden.

I would guess the turntable. I had several ovens without them, several
with. The ones with always worked better in minimizing hot-spots than
the ones without.

jak
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

On Mar 2, 4:02�pm, jakdedert wrote:
James Sweet wrote:
[...]

jak- Hide quoted text -

the older microwave ovens were built like a tank.

my best friend has a ancient commercial model and added a wind up
turntable, says it heats much more evenly now,'

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

James Sweet wrote:
[...]

Didn't even have to be a 'name' brand. My 1982 Samsung entry-level
table-top micro is still in use every day. No repairs ever, knock on
stained plastic.

aem sends...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

replying to William Miller, Barbara Snook wrote:
ThermadorModel: 16-11-157 Type: S333
I recently had my Thermador microwave break down. It is about 15 years old and
is apart of a built in Thermador Microwave/Oven/Warming tray set. A repair man
said apparently the magnatron is broken. However, nobody can seem to find the
repair parts. I found this particular model in California but they wont
sell it to me $750 because it is out of their zip code area!!!

Here is the info I found:Â*
Model: 16-11-157 ( off of my microwave) ProbablyType: S333Â*
By removing the magnatron, it appears that it is made by Panasonic. Model
2m261-m32Â*

Amazingly Thermador themselves cannot tell me where to go for replacement
parts! Help!Â*

I removed the magantron and it appears that it is made by Panasonic. Model
2m261-m32

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...le-291582-.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair

replying to Lee, Allen wrote:
Mine was mfg in 1982 and it took two of us to take it out to the curb today.
After 35 years, a power surge killed it. Put a new fuse in but that did not
help. I think it fried the control board.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...le-291582-.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 5:14:06 AM UTC-7, Barbara Snook wrote:
replying to William Miller, Barbara Snook wrote:
ThermadorModel: 16-11-157 Type: S333
I recently had my Thermador microwave break down. It is about 15 years old and
is apart of a built in Thermador Microwave/Oven/Warming tray set. A repair man
said apparently the magnatron is broken. However, nobody can seem to find the
repair parts. I found this particular model in California but they wont
sell it to me $750 because it is out of their zip code area!!!

Here is the info I found:Â*
Model: 16-11-157 ( off of my microwave) ProbablyType: S333Â*
By removing the magnatron, it appears that it is made by Panasonic. Model
2m261-m32Â*

Amazingly Thermador themselves cannot tell me where to go for replacement
parts! Help!Â*

Well, 'Thermador themselves' means some poor schnook with a warehouse
parts stock list, he WON'T be informed about anything that isn't in stock.

That magnetron is $25-ish on eBay. And, many magnetrons would substitute
for it, there's some standardization to footprint and electrode configurations.
An independent repairman (not factory-authorized) who doesn't have a contractual
bond that requires him to use only Thermador parts, might serve your needs
better than the schnook with the list.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

My mother in law has an original Amana RadarRange that still works! If it
ever breaks, we will have to find out what museums want it.

Jon