Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Compaq Presario 1210, how to remove the CD drive?

I've got a Compaq Presario 1210 laptop with a bad CD Drive.
Can't figure out how to remove it.
I managed to remove the battery connector board and remove
the rear mounting bracket screws, but it still won't come out.
To disassemble the unit further, I need to remove the metal plate
that is glued to what I assume is the processor. I pulled hard as I dared
and it won't budge. Yes, I took out the screws.
What's the secret to disassembling this thing without busting it?
Thanks, mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale He
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_compaq.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Charles wrote:
http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_compaq.html

been there done that.
Unfortunately, Compaq have a large number of models with similar
numbers but different configurations.
If you found something on that site relevant to the Presario 1210,
I'd appreciate the link. I couldn't find it.
Thanks, mike