Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Capacitor value, can you help me?

Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.
What value is it?
May be 1µF?

http://i16.tinypic.com/4lsin39.jpg

Thank you very much!

coals

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

coals wrote:

Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.

Why ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.

Why ?

Because the Fluke use up battery also in OFF state.
But now I am not sure that this capacitor is damaged, shoud be only a
calibration?

coals

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Send your Fluke meter to Fluke service or their rep for proper service. The
cap may not be the original problem. You cannot calibrate your Fluke meter
yourself, without their dedicated setup, training, and factory service
information.

--

JANA
_____

"coals" wrote in message
Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.
What value is it?
May be 1µF?

http://i16.tinypic.com/4lsin39.jpg

Thank you very much!

coals

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

coals wrote:

Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.

Why ?

Because the Fluke use up battery also in OFF state.
But now I am not sure that this capacitor is damaged, shoud be only a
calibration?

I think it is exactly that.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Iain Wilkie" wrote in message
.uk...
Looks like a spark-gap device

Yes ... perhaps a combined spark-gap/capacitor.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:59:47 +0200, "coals"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.
What value is it?
May be 1µF?

http://i16.tinypic.com/4lsin39.jpg

Thank you very much!

coals

http://www.maida.com/content/product.../customCom.asp

"During the early days of the company’s history, Maida developed and
manufactured custom tubular capacitors and high voltage ceramic
capacitor stacks for the television industry. Other specialized
components were later developed such as spark gaps ..."

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26 Jun, 12:32, "JANA" wrote:

Send your Fluke meter to Fluke service or their rep for proper service. The
cap may not be the original problem. You cannot calibrate your Fluke meter
yourself, without their dedicated setup, training, and factory service
information.

Why is that? Is a Weston cell not enough?

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"coals" wrote in message
Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1°
series.

Why ?

Because the Fluke use up battery also in OFF state.
But now I am not sure that this capacitor is damaged, shoud be only a
calibration?

coals

Did removal of the capacitor fix the battery drain problem? If yes then it is
likely the problem. You should be able to find a replacement from a parts
vendor, or from Fluke. If not, put it back into the circuit and look elsewhere.
Are you sure the battery is good? Is it possibly a rechargeable that has
reached the end of its useful life?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra