Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Depotted electr. ignition controller, need to ID a part

Taking apart an old CDI ignition system to revive it, am having
trouble ID'ing a Fujitsu 14-pin DIP.

PN is MB4213

Any help much appreciated

BTW, it had a slightly-harder-than RTV potting compound that yielded
nicely to a heat gun- it got crumbly when heated, returns to being
tough when cool.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 20, 2:15 pm, James Sweet wrote:
wrote:
Taking apart an old CDI ignition system to revive it, am having
trouble ID'ing a Fujitsu 14-pin DIP.

PN is MB4213

Any help much appreciated

BTW, it had a slightly-harder-than RTV potting compound that yielded
nicely to a heat gun- it got crumbly when heated, returns to being
tough when cool.

Dave

While I can't help you ID that part, I will say that experience has
taught me that the hard to find/test or otherwise exotic part in a
device is rarely the problem. Did you check all the simple stuff first?

My 1st goal (pure curiosity) is to group the parts into the main
subsystems- I'm pretty sure they are a 12VDC to 100VAC (or so)
inverter, an RPM sensor (built out of discretes), an advance
mechanism, power storage section, and of course the trigger that
shoots the juice to the coil.

Probably the RPM/advance stuff is something clever, a few discretes
and probably the IC.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 20, 6:46 pm, Ken Weitzel wrote:
wrote:
Taking apart an old CDI ignition system to revive it, am having
trouble ID'ing a Fujitsu 14-pin DIP.

PN is MB4213

Any help much appreciated

BTW, it had a slightly-harder-than RTV potting compound that yielded
nicely to a heat gun- it got crumbly when heated, returns to being
tough when cool.

Hi Dave...

Google MB4213 and you'll get several hits... hope that one or
more are helpful.

Take care.

Ken

My google-fu is fair, but alas, none are matches.

I believe this was prob. an OEM inly part.

Dave

Neff Hobs / Ignition icornish UK diy 1 May 10th 06 12:56 PM
New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long) . UK diy 52 January 6th 06 10:13 AM
Sourcing a Part L compliant part glazed stable door Val UK diy 3 April 26th 05 09:50 PM
cooker ignition [email protected] UK diy 0 January 20th 05 02:10 AM
Ignition coil Backlash Metalworking 16 December 7th 04 03:40 AM