Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Phillips LCD TV 30PF9946D/37

Hi all
I am having the dreaded no picture problem with my Phillips LCD Tv
(Model # 30PF9946D/37). It is out of warranty and I am not having much
luck getting through to any service place today. I have read up on
this and seen the youtube video (Phillips black screen of death) but my
problem is a little different in that once my tv stopped showing a
picture it has not shown one since, I only hear sound. I have read
that this could either be a problem with the inverter or the small
circuit board (in which case big $$$?). I understand this a short
coming of these units but I am trying to figure out if it is worth a
service call or if I should buy a new tv... ugh