Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Clip-art for electronic kit ?

Its gone quiet on the repairs front the last month and I've decided to do a
local door to door flyering. Anyone know of a source of monochrome clip-art
for amps , decks etc ?
Googling just turns up general clip-art ads superimposed on electronic goods
sales sites.
And while at it any other cheap and cheerful methods. ?
I've started dropping in on local electric guitar shops as none of them seem
to have anmyone qualified to do repairs to amps, mixers etc , unless they
are acting as agents for the manufacturers and so they end up turning people
away with "unsupported" kit wanted repairing.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On the clip-art fronT, as I don't seem to be able to find any suitable.
How to convert normal full colour pic to APPROXIMATING clip-art ?
Using picture manipulation/effects
Brightness/Contrast Adjust
Sharpen
Edge Detection
Reduce to 2 colours

Seems to work reasonably well , anyone know a better sequence ? usiing basic
graphic/s packages

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N Cook wrote:

Its gone quiet on the repairs front the last month and I've decided to do a
local door to door flyering. Anyone know of a source of monochrome clip-art
for amps , decks etc ?
Googling just turns up general clip-art ads superimposed on electronic goods
sales sites.
And while at it any other cheap and cheerful methods. ?
I've started dropping in on local electric guitar shops as none of them seem
to have anmyone qualified to do repairs to amps, mixers etc , unless they
are acting as agents for the manufacturers and so they end up turning people
away with "unsupported" kit wanted repairing.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I recently found a set of CDROMs with 250,000 images, both clip art,
and royalty free photos. I see if I can go through them tomorrow, and
let you know. Its a holiday in the US today. Happy thanksgiving,
everyone (except the turkeys)!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N Cook" wrote in message

Its gone quiet on the repairs front the last month and I've decided to do
local door to door flyering. Anyone know of a source of monochrome
clip-art
for amps , decks etc ?

Nothing on Microsoft's clip art site? I see a lot of 'surplus' clip art CDs
in bins.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote in message

"N Cook" wrote in message

Its gone quiet on the repairs front the last month and I've decided to

do
local door to door flyering. Anyone know of a source of monochrome
clip-art
for amps , decks etc ?

Nothing on Microsoft's clip art site? I see a lot of 'surplus' clip art

CDs
in bins.

I eventually found some useful ones on
http://www.aaaclipart.com/cgi-bin/im...rect=tech_and_
computers/electronics

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote in message
N Cook wrote:

[...]

Stand easy, I found some useful ones on
http://www.aaaclipart.com/cgi-bin/im...rect=tech_and_
computers/electronics.

I just had an email from a music school thsat is in desparate need of
someone to repair numerous stage kit. No buses come along then 3 all
together

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N Cook wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote in message

I recently found a set of CDROMs with 250,000 images, both clip art,
and royalty free photos. I see if I can go through them tomorrow, and
let you know. Its a holiday in the US today. Happy thanksgiving,
everyone (except the turkeys)!

Stand easy, I found some useful ones on
http://www.aaaclipart.com/cgi-bin/im...rect=tech_and_
computers/electronics.

I just had an email from a music school thsat is in desparate need of
someone to repair numerous stage kit. No buses come along then 3 all
together

The offer still stands, if you need them some other time.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida