Posted to sci.electronics.repair
WileyG

Default Problem with Philips TV (27PT832025)

My Philips TV (27PT832025) has great picture, but NO sound; the screen
display seems to be stuck on "mono" (i.e., it won't go off) ... all
the other controls and features appear to work fine, but I can't
switch from mono to stereo mode, and nothing will reset the sound
(speakers are on, all the other settings are as the manual specifies)
... I even went as far as looking up the reset procedure and entering
the code, etc. .... I got through to the SDM screen and viewed the
service menu, but was unable to reset the error codes (the offending
one seems to be "14") back to all zeros... this function (and the
changing from "mono" to "stereo" in the regular setup menu) are the
only things that don't work.

Any suggestions before I submit to the formal "service" process? (the
Philips support folks have yet to respond to my messages; I do have a
reasonably honest and reliable service guy in my neighborhood, but
speed is not his strong point).

Thanks!