Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matthew Long

Default Screen darkening with light objects

One other thing I have noticed with my new TV is when viewing pictures, it
looks fine. But, if a light image comes into the picture, the whole screen
seems to darken down a touch. Not a lot, but if you're watching a moving
picture where something light is coming in and out of the picture fast (Like
someone walking down a corridor), the whole screen has a slight flickering
effect. Also, pressing the TV info button, to get the information banner up,
the sane thing happens. Like I said, it's very slight, but once you notice
it, it's annoying! Any ideas? It's something I can easily live with, but
I've not seen it on previous TV's I've had in the past!

Matthew Long

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Oh! Magic Ball Oh! Magic Ball
Let me see its a ???? LCD maybe its a DLP
or maybe its a CRT type...TV..
Tell us more...Like what is it.?

jim

"Matthew Long" wrote in message
One other thing I have noticed with my new TV is when viewing pictures, it
looks fine. But, if a light image comes into the picture, the whole screen
seems to darken down a touch. Not a lot, but if you're watching a moving
picture where something light is coming in and out of the picture fast
(Like
someone walking down a corridor), the whole screen has a slight flickering
effect. Also, pressing the TV info button, to get the information banner
up,
the sane thing happens. Like I said, it's very slight, but once you notice
it, it's annoying! Any ideas? It's something I can easily live with, but
I've not seen it on previous TV's I've had in the past!

Matthew Long

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Matthew Long wrote:
One other thing I have noticed with my new TV is when viewing pictures, it
looks fine. But, if a light image comes into the picture, the whole screen
seems to darken down a touch. Not a lot, but if you're watching a moving
picture where something light is coming in and out of the picture fast (Like
someone walking down a corridor), the whole screen has a slight flickering
effect. Also, pressing the TV info button, to get the information banner up,
the sane thing happens. Like I said, it's very slight, but once you notice
it, it's annoying! Any ideas? It's something I can easily live with, but
I've not seen it on previous TV's I've had in the past!

Matthew Long

Sounds like normal LCD artifacting. LCD panels react slowly to rapid
changes in images and they have poor contrast ratio for moving images,
so they shift the center contrast point as scene content changes.

LCD panels are not the best for watching tv.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"Matthew Long" wrote in message
One other thing I have noticed with my new TV is when viewing pictures, it
looks fine. But, if a light image comes into the picture, the whole screen
seems to darken down a touch. Not a lot, but if you're watching a moving
picture where something light is coming in and out of the picture fast
(Like
someone walking down a corridor), the whole screen has a slight flickering
effect. Also, pressing the TV info button, to get the information banner
up,
the sane thing happens. Like I said, it's very slight, but once you notice
it, it's annoying! Any ideas? It's something I can easily live with, but
I've not seen it on previous TV's I've had in the past!

Matthew Long

It sounds like it could be poor EHT regulation, which is rather common,
particularly on lower end CRT TVs. It's not a fault as such, more a sloppy
design. You'll probably have to live with it.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bigtom

Matthew Long wrote:
One other thing I have noticed with my new TV is when viewing pictures, it
looks fine. But, if a light image comes into the picture, the whole screen
seems to darken down a touch. Not a lot, but if you're watching a moving
picture where something light is coming in and out of the picture fast (Like
someone walking down a corridor), the whole screen has a slight flickering
effect. Also, pressing the TV info button, to get the information banner up,
the sane thing happens. Like I said, it's very slight, but once you notice
it, it's annoying! Any ideas? It's something I can easily live with, but
I've not seen it on previous TV's I've had in the past!

Matthew Long

it really sounds like you're not happy with this.
its time to see if you can swap/refund or upgrade it to something
better. do they have one on display somewhere so you can see how
it runs?

Can I Mix 40 Watts and 25 Watts Light Bulbs in One Fixture? [email protected] Home Repair 23 March 31st 18 05:02 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Found elsewhere but perhaps a bit close to home? John UK diy 5 December 29th 04 11:28 PM
Survey on Newsgroup Behavior Jens Arndt Home Repair 27 November 2nd 04 01:45 PM
Inground spa light replac barry martin Home Repair 0 October 14th 04 12:30 AM