Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
N Cook

Default Juke Boxes , any pointer to technical overview ?

I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Gary Tayman

I don't know, but it might be interesting to do a search on Rock-Ola to see
what comes up.

I recall on the news a few years ago, I heard Mr. Rockola died. Many people
thought the name was some sort of play on words using a combination of "Rock
'n Roll" and "Victrola", but there really was a fellow named Rockola who
founded the company.

--
Gary E. Tayman/Tayman Electrical
Sound Solutions For Classic Cars

"N Cook" wrote in message
I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the
upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Arthur Dent

Manuals and parts are available from some of the following.
http://www.victoryglass.com/
http://www.jukeboxparts.com/
http://www.alwaysjukin.com/
http://www.jukebox-parts.com/
http://www.verntisdale.com/schem/sschem.htm
http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/troubleshoot.htm

Hope this helps.
Glen

"N Cook" wrote in message
I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the
upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Fred Wesner

Join the jukebox mail list:

There are several RockOla experts there.

Fred

N Cook wrote:
I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Bob Urz

N Cook wrote:

I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

What's wrong with it? I used to work on them a couple of life times ago.
The amplifiers are pretty straight forward. There is a rotating drum
with moving contacts on it that sometimes need to be cleaned. There
are motors running the record carousel and the gripper arm motor.
Always start with the power supply and work out from there.

Bob

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Mark Oppat

yea, David Rockola. PERFECT name, isnt it?

there's another one I heard like that which I cannot recall right now.
Anyone else know a "perfect named" person?

Mark Oppat

.net...

"N Cook" wrote in message
I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the
upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

Mark Oppat wrote:

yea, David Rockola. PERFECT name, isnt it?

there's another one I heard like that which I cannot recall right now.
Anyone else know a "perfect named" person?

Mark Oppat

A dentist I had to see while in the US Army was named Captain. Hurt.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
jim menning

"Mark Oppat" wrote in message
news
yea, David Rockola. PERFECT name, isnt it?

there's another one I heard like that which I cannot recall right now.
Anyone else know a "perfect named" person?

Mark Oppat

How about the 2003 World Series of Poker winner?

Chris Moneymaker.

http://www.poker-babes.com/bio/chris-moneymaker/

Of course maybe with that name he should have worked for the Bureau of Engraving &
Printing.

jim menning

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
A dentist I had to see while in the US Army was named Captain. Hurt.

An optician called (I)an Strain.

--
*Reality is the illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"Mark Oppat" wrote in message
news
yea, David Rockola. PERFECT name, isnt it?

there's another one I heard like that which I cannot recall right now.
Anyone else know a "perfect named" person?

Mark Oppat

I went to school with a lad called Richard ( Dick ) Head .... and he really
was. I wonder where he is now ?

Arfa

"N Cook" wrote in message
I've been asked to repair a Rockola Juke Box of the 1970s. Owner has a
technical manual for that model but I would like to do some more
general
backgroung research particularly on the mechanicals/electro-mechanicals
beforehand.
I've previously only repaired an amplifier from a Juke box but the
upcoming
problem relates to the mechanicals, anyone have a URL of a technical
appreciation/exploration ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Larry

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
news
I went to school with a lad called Richard ( Dick ) Head .... and he
really was. I wonder where he is now ?

Arfa

We had a whole family of Fuchs in our town.

There was Amy Fuchs.....and she did.

There was also Emily Fuchs, but I never heard whether she did or not.

What a terrible name to give innocent, or even not-so-innocent kids...(c;

Oh, it's pronounced Foosh. Now aren't you ashamed?

--
Larry
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK)

Larry wrote:
"Arfa Daily" wrote in
news

I went to school with a lad called Richard ( Dick ) Head .... and he
really was. I wonder where he is now ?

Arfa

We had a whole family of Fuchs in our town.

There was Amy Fuchs.....and she did.

There was also Emily Fuchs, but I never heard whether she did or not.

What a terrible name to give innocent, or even not-so-innocent kids...(c;

Oh, it's pronounced Foosh. Now aren't you ashamed?

It`s Foooks over here. I remember some German sportswoman on tv being
continually called the wrong name by an interviewer. Eventually she
snapped at him "It`s ****s ..My name is ****S!"

Appols for anglo saxon verbage.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Ken Layton

There's a jukebox newsgroup you can get info from too and it's
alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Tom Sullivan

How about the inventor of the flush toilet, a chap by the name of John
Crapper.

Tom

Ron(UK) wrote:
Larry wrote:

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
news
I went to school with a lad called Richard ( Dick ) Head .... and he
really was. I wonder where he is now ?

Arfa

We had a whole family of Fuchs in our town.

There was Amy Fuchs.....and she did.

There was also Emily Fuchs, but I never heard whether she did or not.

What a terrible name to give innocent, or even not-so-innocent kids...(c;

Oh, it's pronounced Foosh. Now aren't you ashamed?

It`s Foooks over here. I remember some German sportswoman on tv being
continually called the wrong name by an interviewer. Eventually she
snapped at him "It`s ****s ..My name is ****S!"

Appols for anglo saxon verbage.

Ron

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Hagstar

Tom Sullivan wrote:

How about the inventor of the flush toilet, a chap by the name of John
Crapper.

It's Thomas, and while he was a sanitary engineer he did NOT invent the WC-

http://www.snopes.com/business/names/crapper.asp

John H.

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Tom Sullivan wrote:
How about the inventor of the flush toilet, a chap by the name of John
Crapper.

Thomas T Crapper. I've got an original cast iron high level cistern so
labelled in the outside toilet of my 1884 house in London. They built
things to last in those days. ;-)

--
*Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life *