Christopher Tidy

Default Bux magnetic drills any good?

I've seen a magnetic drill on eBay which I'm tempted to bid on. The base
is made by Bux and the drill by Bosch. Anyone know if Bux machines are
any good?

Best wishes,

Chris

Xenophon

Christopher Tidy wrote:
I've seen a magnetic drill on eBay which I'm tempted to bid on. The base
is made by Bux and the drill by Bosch. Anyone know if Bux machines are
any good?

Best wishes,

Chris

A magnet is a magnet I don't think it really matters. Bosch makes
pretty decent drills though.
R. Zimmerman

Are the drive motors plastic housing and very tall and relatively thin? We
had a couple in a shop I worked in. They lasted several years being used
every day and were relatively light weight. They were not particularly
powerful but cut 13/16ths holes quite well.
Randy

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
I've seen a magnetic drill on eBay which I'm tempted to bid on. The base
is made by Bux and the drill by Bosch. Anyone know if Bux machines are
any good?

Best wishes,

Chris

Christopher Tidy

R. Zimmerman wrote:
Are the drive motors plastic housing and very tall and relatively thin? We
had a couple in a shop I worked in. They lasted several years being used
every day and were relatively light weight. They were not particularly
powerful but cut 13/16ths holes quite well.
Randy

Yes. The Bosch drive motor is in a tall, narrow plastic housing which is
dark green. The bottom end of the motor which holds the bearing (and
probably a gearbox) looks to be die cast aluminium. The Bux website says
that the motor is 1150 watts, but the Bosch drill might have been an
aftermarket replacment. The drive motors on these machines can be
readily replaced and interchanged, right?

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Christopher Tidy

R. Zimmerman wrote:
Are the drive motors plastic housing and very tall and relatively thin? We
had a couple in a shop I worked in. They lasted several years being used
every day and were relatively light weight. They were not particularly
powerful but cut 13/16ths holes quite well.
Randy

Yes. The Bosch motor is in a tall, narrow plastic housing which is dark
green. The lower end of the motor housing, which holds the lower bearing
and probably a gearbox, appears to be die cast aluminium. The Bux
website lists this machine as having a 1150 watt motor, but I suppose
the Bosch motor may have been an aftermarket replacement. The motors on
these machines can be readily replaced and interchanged, right?

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Christopher Tidy

Christopher Tidy wrote:
R. Zimmerman wrote:

Are the drive motors plastic housing and very tall and relatively
thin? We
had a couple in a shop I worked in. They lasted several years being used
every day and were relatively light weight. They were not particularly
powerful but cut 13/16ths holes quite well.
Randy

Yes. The Bosch motor is in a tall, narrow plastic housing which is dark
green. The lower end of the motor housing, which holds the lower bearing
and probably a gearbox, appears to be die cast aluminium. The Bux
website lists this machine as having a 1150 watt motor, but I suppose
the Bosch motor may have been an aftermarket replacement. The motors on
these machines can be readily replaced and interchanged, right?

Forgot the link to the auction. Here it is. I think it might be a
European-only model, as Walker-Hagou seem to be a Dutch company:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUX-MAGNETIC-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Chris