gfulton

Default Rivett lathe question.

Was wondering if anyone knew the difference between a Rivett model 1020F and
a model 1020S lathe. The lathe website in the UK with all the good info
describes the 1020S as a screwcutting lathe. No ifo on a 1020F. I've got a
chance at a 1020F and was wondering if there's a big difference in the
machines. Any opinions on Rivett lathes would be welcome also.

Thanks,
Garrett Fulton

Gunner

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:47:42 -0500, "gfulton"
wrote:

Was wondering if anyone knew the difference between a Rivett model 1020F and
a model 1020S lathe. The lathe website in the UK with all the good info
describes the 1020S as a screwcutting lathe. No ifo on a 1020F. I've got a
chance at a 1020F and was wondering if there's a big difference in the
machines. Any opinions on Rivett lathes would be welcome also.

Thanks,
Garrett Fulton

http://www.lathes.co.uk/rivett1020s/index.html
gfulton

wrote:

Was wondering if anyone knew the difference between a Rivett model 1020F
and
a model 1020S lathe. The lathe website in the UK with all the good info
describes the 1020S as a screwcutting lathe. No ifo on a 1020F. I've got
chance at a 1020F and was wondering if there's a big difference in the
machines. Any opinions on Rivett lathes would be welcome also.

Thanks,
Garrett Fulton

http://www.lathes.co.uk/rivett1020s/index.html

Thanks, Gunner. But that's the same website I looked at and it's displaying
a 1020S. This one is listed as a 1020F. I've seen only pictures so far, so
that could be a misprint. I'll call the guy back Monday.

Gunner

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:22:57 -0400, "gfulton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Was wondering if anyone knew the difference between a Rivett model 1020F
and
a model 1020S lathe. The lathe website in the UK with all the good info
describes the 1020S as a screwcutting lathe. No ifo on a 1020F. I've got
chance at a 1020F and was wondering if there's a big difference in the
machines. Any opinions on Rivett lathes would be welcome also.

Thanks,
Garrett Fulton

http://www.lathes.co.uk/rivett1020s/index.html

Thanks, Gunner. But that's the same website I looked at and it's displaying
a 1020S. This one is listed as a 1020F. I've seen only pictures so far, so
that could be a misprint. I'll call the guy back Monday.

Based on my somewhat limited experience with Rivett (Ive still not put
power to my 918 yet) in commercial shops, all good btw...Id have to
say that no matter if its an S or F...jump on it, unless its
completely crapped out. Rivett is a well kept secret it seems, but the
owners (and there is a Rivett owners group...perhaps someone here can
provide a link, as Im not at my regular computer) all love theirs.

Gunner

gfulton

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:22:57 -0400, "gfulton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I'll call Monday and get some more info on it. The guys over on the
newsgroup that Marty Escarcega moderates all seem to speak highly of the
Rivetts whenever the subject comes up.

Garrett