Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ken Finney

Default (OT) Need inductive load

Off-topic, but the learned denizens here are pretty good at asking bizarre
questions.

I need an inductive load to switch a 28 VDC 12 A circuit into. Note that
this is a one time test circuit, and I don't want to break the bank. My
initial thought was to parallel a couple of 28 VDC relay coils to get the 12
A current. What I'm finding is that most of the relay coils draw less than
an amp, and I don't want have to parallel 16 relays to draw that much
current. Does anyone have a better suggestion for me? I'm having zero luck
finding out how much an automotive starter solenoid draws, if I could find a
24 VDC diesel starter solenoid that requires 3 or more amps, that would
probably be doable.