Old March 29th 05, 05:29 AM
Ed Huntress

Default OT - Gunner on Republicans?

"Gunner" wrote in message

Good point but analogous to bribing the stewards on the Titanic
for an up grade to first-class. Better to save the money in hard
currency or speci for a seat in the lifeboats.

Thats one of the tenents of survivalism.

The other one is, "never pass up fresh roadkill."

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Old March 29th 05, 05:50 AM
Gunner

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:29:33 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Good point but analogous to bribing the stewards on the Titanic
for an up grade to first-class. Better to save the money in hard
currency or speci for a seat in the lifeboats.

Thats one of the tenents of survivalism.

The other one is, "never pass up fresh roadkill."

d8-

Only if its someone you know.

Gunner

Leftwingers are like pond scum. They are green, slimy, show up where
they are not wanted, and interfere with the fishing.

Strider
Old March 30th 05, 02:12 AM
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Tell that to the folks in Chilie that now have a very sucessful, very
viable Social Security system...where we have a ship headed for the
rocks.

That's crap and you know it. If they can run the entire *country*
on deficit spending, they can afford to print up a few more T bills
and keep SS going. They'll have to do that in 40 years, and they'll
have to spend 1/100th the amount of money they don't have, as we're
currently spending right now to fund the war in Iraq.

Bush is already shifting away from the nonsensical SS privatization
scheme - he's realized that it really is the political third
rail. Touch it, and he dies. The wall street folks who contributed
to his campaign are realizing that he's gonna eventually reneg on his
promises to them.

Now on to more pressing things, namely: "What does Gunner think
they should do to Medicare, which is currently in Big Trouble (tm)
right *now*?

Jim

please reply to:
Old March 30th 05, 05:53 AM
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

God I love the Left..."night is day, love is hate, peace is war...",
Chili's sucess at privatizing Social Security is a failure....,,,
snicker...thats nearly as bad as Ed not even bothering to check links
yet pontificating on them in detail.

I didn't comment on your links. I commented on *you*, calling the left the
"party of hatred," and then quoting a half-dozen sources explaining why the
right hates the left.

I don't care why you hate them. The subject was that you were accusing the
other side of exactly what you're guilty of yourself. Again.

--
Ed Huntress

Old March 30th 05, 09:47 AM
Gunner

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:53:56 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

God I love the Left..."night is day, love is hate, peace is war...",
Chili's sucess at privatizing Social Security is a failure....,,,
snicker...thats nearly as bad as Ed not even bothering to check links
yet pontificating on them in detail.

I didn't comment on your links. I commented on *you*, calling the left the
"party of hatred," and then quoting a half-dozen sources explaining why the
right hates the left.

I don't care why you hate them. The subject was that you were accusing the
other side of exactly what you're guilty of yourself. Again.

Snicker...still didnt read the gardening post.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael

Old March 30th 05, 10:30 PM
Ed Huntress

"Guido" wrote in message
Guido wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Chili's sucess at privatizing Social Security is a failure....,,,
snicker...thats nearly as bad as Ed not even bothering to check links
yet pontificating on them in detail.

Hands up anyone that bothers checking Gunner's links?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Only when I'm waiting behind my wife and son to get into the shower.

--
Ed Huntress

Old March 31st 05, 06:12 AM
Gunner

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:30:35 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message
Guido wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Chili's sucess at privatizing Social Security is a failure....,,,
snicker...thats nearly as bad as Ed not even bothering to check links
yet pontificating on them in detail.

Hands up anyone that bothers checking Gunner's links?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Only when I'm waiting behind my wife and son to get into the shower.

That brings up a picture too gruesome for even me to dwell on......

Old March 31st 05, 09:59 AM
nightmare zombie

Cliff piddled around and finally wrote:

I wish I could get a girlfriend...maybe if I acted like a man?

Old March 31st 05, 04:37 PM
jim rozen

In article , Frank White says...

But (shrug), I've said what I wanted to say. Bush's plan is
absurd on the face of it, ...

And more importantly, bush's advisors have realized the
depth of the political goo it represents. If he keeps
pushing it to pander to wall street, he's gonna get in
so deep he won't be able to climb out.

Rule one for bush: when you're in a hole, quit digging.

Jim

please reply to:
Old March 31st 05, 08:07 PM
jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

But (shrug), I've said what I wanted to say. Bush's plan is
absurd on the face of it, and won't come to anything but a lot
of talk. For which we should be thankful, because otherwise
we would REALLY be in trouble...

Whaddaya mean, "absurd"? All we have to do is finance it with a couple of
trillion $ of Treasury bonds. Of course, the questionable nature of Treasury
bonds, when used to finance future SS payments, is the problem itself. ...

No no no. That's no problem at *all*.

We're running the entire friggin COUNTRY that way right now.
A few extra pennies for SS would be way far down in the noise.

Jim

please reply to: