DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hobart Bro. Gas driven welder (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/95436-hobart-bro-gas-driven-welder.html)

Gunner March 17th 05 07:50 AM

Hobart Bro. Gas driven welder

A buddy of mine has offered to swap/trade an old Hobart Brothers
trailer mounted gas welder to me. The thing was alleged to have come
off a Liberty Ship in WW2.

Supposedly it runs well, needs some tuneup, gaskets and so forth.
After all..it is about 60 yrs old G

Anyone know of such a critter?

Gunner

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H. L. Mencken

JohnM March 19th 05 06:49 PM

Gunner wrote:
A buddy of mine has offered to swap/trade an old Hobart Brothers
trailer mounted gas welder to me. The thing was alleged to have come
off a Liberty Ship in WW2.

Supposedly it runs well, needs some tuneup, gaskets and so forth.
After all..it is about 60 yrs old G

Anyone know of such a critter?

Gunner

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H. L. Mencken

Hey, Gunner, how goes it? I always viewed the Hobart machines as mighty
desireable, they always seemed to suit me (although the SAE Lincoln is a
fantastic machine, and one of my favorites).

If the price it right I'd say it is worth grabbing. What model is it? I
really like the old machines, big ol' low rpm things that last a long time..

John

Gunner March 19th 05 08:22 PM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:49:00 -0500, JohnM wrote:

Gunner wrote:
A buddy of mine has offered to swap/trade an old Hobart Brothers
trailer mounted gas welder to me. The thing was alleged to have come
off a Liberty Ship in WW2.

Supposedly it runs well, needs some tuneup, gaskets and so forth.
After all..it is about 60 yrs old G

Anyone know of such a critter?

Gunner

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H. L. Mencken

Hey, Gunner, how goes it? I always viewed the Hobart machines as mighty
desireable, they always seemed to suit me (although the SAE Lincoln is a
fantastic machine, and one of my favorites).

If the price it right I'd say it is worth grabbing. What model is it? I
really like the old machines, big ol' low rpm things that last a long time..

John

Welcome back John. Ive no idea of the model. Ill have some pictures
in the next few weeks. I was over there yesterday, but wasnt feeling
really great and forgot to take pics.

He is going up to Idaho for a couple weeks, so I probably wont get to
the welder until he gets back.