Default Epoxy cement floor paint on workbench?????????

I have about 1/2 gallon of Rustolium Industrial epoxy floor paint left over
from doing my shop/garage floor. I would like to use it to paint a new
workbench if OK to do so. Anyone have ideas or comment. Thank in advance for
any advise.
Best

Leo Lichtman

(clip)I would like to use it to paint a new workbench (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Porch and floor enamel has good adhesion and abrasion resistance. Epoxy is
especially good. This paint should work quite well on a workbench. But,
any paint will get beat up if you use the bench. I favor leaving it
unpainted--workbenches are supposed to look used.

Charles A. Sherwood

(clip)I would like to use it to paint a new workbench (clip)
Porch and floor enamel has good adhesion and abrasion resistance. Epoxy is

I used some very expensive floor and porch enable to paint some partical
board shelfs. I even used the expensive primer. Sliding things on the
shelves removes the paint. I suspect the wood is not up to the load.
A long time ago I bought a gallon of grey utility enamel that worked
very well on a wood workbench made from 2x10s.

chuck

Brian Lawson

Hey Brackets,

Same as Chuck said. Way back when, I used a good floor enamel to
paint a wooden bench that has a tempered masonite top on doubled 3/4"
ply. After 25 years of use, it still looks pretty good. At least it
did when I had it "empty" to move here a couple of years ago. 75% of
my use is around the vise, and it is still good there. I think any
floor specific paint would be more than suitable, and I'm assuming you
meant RUST-OLEUM PAINT, which I personally think is a particularly
good brand.

Why not ask the manufacturer for advice too.
http://www.rustoleum.com/
Among other stuff, they have an FAQ there.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
Cement foundation for shed AutoTracer Home Repair 2 April 27th 04 05:25 AM
Workbench - Neander vs Normite Mike W. Woodworking 12 February 1st 04 03:14 AM
Plugging 12"X12" Hole in Cement Slab HELP! Michael Roback Home Repair 2 November 19th 03 05:55 PM
contact cement question Mike in Mystic Woodworking 16 November 6th 03 06:31 PM