DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Robo laser torpedo level flaw (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/94791-robo-laser-torpedo-level-flaw.html)

gypsyjack March 12th 05 12:33 AM

Robo laser torpedo level flaw

I just bought the Porter-Cable laser torpedo level Model "RT-3610-3
Robo Square". Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but a rather
critical drawback I see is the on-off switch design. It is a rotary
spring loaded device and one pulls on the disk like knob and rotates
1/4 turn to turn it off and another quarter turn to turn it on. The
default position it wants to go to is "on" It take very little effort
for the switch to rotate to the on position and the level could get
turned on in a tool box, or what ever and run down the batteries by the
next use. Abominably design. Before purchasing this otherwise
impressive device (yes I bought it knowing this, but am counting on the
fix) I read a news group posting from a man that altered the switch
with Dremel tool that somehow created a "Knotch ?" that the switch
rested in during the off mode, but cannot find that posting now that I
need it. Has anybody and info on this? Would be most grateful for input.

Bob Engelhardt March 12th 05 02:12 PM

gypsyjack wrote:
... but cannot find that posting ...

Have you tried Google Groups?