Karl Townsend

Default replace plastic gear on powerfeed

I've got a stripped spot on my bridgeport powerfeed. Its a plastic gear
about 3.58" O.D. Not a standard tooth form, some sort of inline worm gear.
See these dropbox pics:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ottom_view.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/..._side_view.JPG

Any chance of purchasing this gear? Or is the powerfeed "maintenance free",
buy another when it breaks. If I had a manual for this, I lost it. My
bridgeport gets nearly 0 use, but I HATE running anything without powerfeed.

Karl

Paul swindell

Try this link and ask who your local agent is-
http://www.align.com.tw/html/en/powe..._powerfeed.htm

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message ink.net...
I've got a stripped spot on my bridgeport powerfeed. Its a plastic gear
about 3.58" O.D. Not a standard tooth form, some sort of inline worm gear.
See these dropbox pics:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ottom_view.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/..._side_view.JPG

Any chance of purchasing this gear? Or is the powerfeed "maintenance
free", buy another when it breaks. If I had a manual for this, I lost it.
My bridgeport gets nearly 0 use, but I HATE running anything without
powerfeed.

Karl

David Billington

My manual for the AL/CE 235, AL/CE 250 lists the big gear as E-0934--4
(ZYTEL GEAR WITHOUT HUB), E-0934 being the whole gear and hub assembly.
Hope that may be of some use. You've got me worried now, how old was you
unit.

Karl Townsend wrote:

I've got a stripped spot on my bridgeport powerfeed. Its a plastic gear
about 3.58" O.D. Not a standard tooth form, some sort of inline worm gear.
See these dropbox pics:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ottom_view.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/..._side_view.JPG

Any chance of purchasing this gear? Or is the powerfeed "maintenance free",
buy another when it breaks. If I had a manual for this, I lost it. My
bridgeport gets nearly 0 use, but I HATE running anything without powerfeed.

Karl

Karl Townsend

"David Billington" wrote in message
My manual for the AL/CE 235, AL/CE 250 lists the big gear as E-0934--4
(ZYTEL GEAR WITHOUT HUB), E-0934 being the whole gear and hub assembly.
Hope that may be of some use. You've got me worried now, how old was you
unit.

Its probably 10 years old. But I'll bet "The Kid", or one of his
accomplices, tried to run the powerfeed with the gibs locked. It only takes
once.

Karl

~Roy~

Yep, 110% china made. Align brand......I sent Align an email over 2
weeks ago, actually sent 3 of them total looking for a dealer that
sells their powerfeeds, and have yet to get a reply.......lots of luck
in getting a part.

I did notice that a lot of the import brands of power feeds come
supplied with an "Extra" nylon/delrin/plastic gear just incase it is
ever needed.....

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:40:51 -0500, "Tony"
wrote:

===I dont dink so
==="Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
=== This drive was almost certainly made by Servo Products
=== (http://www.servoproductsco.com/) you can probably get the part from them.
===
=== --
=== Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)
===
===