DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lincoln 185 tig (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/93063-lincoln-185-tig.html)

[email protected] February 28th 05 12:43 AM

Lincoln 185 tig

Is the Lincoln 185 tig welder much better than the 175?

Ernie Leimkuhler February 28th 05 08:11 AM

In article .com,
wrote:

Is the Lincoln 185 tig welder much better than the 175?

The Lincoln PrecisionTIG 185 is a nice step up from the Squarewave 175
Pro.
It has a larger range, variable AC wave ballance, and a built in pulser
standard.
Miller is going to have to upgrade the Syncrowave 180SD to beat it.

However I still feel that the Thermal Arc Prowave 185TSW inverter is a
better deal for about the same money.

Proctologically Violated©® February 28th 05 01:05 PM

But Miller did start the economy-tig thing, no?

Glad to see others catching up. Always had sort of a soft spot for Lincoln,
what w/ their progressive company and all. Here about NYC, on construction
sites/bridges, you see *nuthin but blue*, never any red.

Wonder what the blue/red ratio is like elsewhere.
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll