DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT-Hunter Thompson takes Ultimate Road Trip (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/92092-ot-hunter-thompson-takes-ultimate-road-trip.html)

Gunner February 21st 05 07:32 AM

OT-Hunter Thompson takes Ultimate Road Trip

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson
It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

TheAlligator February 21st 05 12:07 PM

Thanks for making my day, Gunner.

Gunner February 21st 05 02:51 PM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:39:35 -0700, Tim Killian
wrote:

Was he sick and tired, or just tired and sick?

I suspect we will find out he had something nasty and terminal and
checked himself out early and fast. Just a best guess on my part.

Gunner

jim rozen February 21st 05 04:49 PM

In article , Gunner says...

I suspect we will find out he had something nasty and terminal and
checked himself out early and fast. Just a best guess on my part.

Oddly that was also my first thought.

Second thought was that it was accidental.

Jim

please reply to:

Frank White February 21st 05 05:31 PM

In article , says...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson

But will he be writing about it, is the question...

FW

TheAlligator February 21st 05 06:28 PM

(Frank White) wrote:
But will he be writing about it, is the question...

I hate to say it but that's good. Really.

[email protected] February 21st 05 06:45 PM

Gunner wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson
It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

I wonder if Treadeau will have duke take his life now?
Engineman1

Sunworshipper February 21st 05 07:40 PM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:32:09 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson

That was a good write up. I heard about it right before I went to
sleep last night. I must admit that I was ROTFLMAO reading the vegas
book. And is weird that I ended up in this town. My favorites are
testing the rear end and pumping the tires up to 75psi. Or was it
'wait till he sees the bats'.

I really doubt he shot himself by accident.

ff February 21st 05 09:17 PM

wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson

That was a good write up. I heard about it right before I went to
sleep last night. I must admit that I was ROTFLMAO reading the vegas
book. And is weird that I ended up in this town. My favorites are
testing the rear end and pumping the tires up to 75psi. Or was it
'wait till he sees the bats'.

I really doubt he shot himself by accident.

Did you see when he was on the Conan O'Brian show a couple years ago?
Actually, they went on location out in the woods in Colorado. Thompson
had a full bar set up in a remote clearing with a bartender in a tux. He
also had an array of assault rifles and a couple of profile targets set
up. So he and Conan did shots and took shots--it was kind of amusing.

Spehro Pefhany February 21st 05 09:20 PM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:32:09 GMT, the renowned Gunner
wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson

He said he was the only man to have ridden with both the Hell's Angels
and Richard Nixon.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Bob February 22nd 05 01:17 AM

But the first question that naturally pops into the head of any true
H.T. fan is...what gun, caliber, and load did he use?

Gunner February 22nd 05 03:51 AM

On 21 Feb 2005 17:17:23 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

But the first question that naturally pops into the head of any true
H.T. fan is...what gun, caliber, and load did he use?

Indeed. I was thinking a .45, knowing him.

Gunner

Gunner February 22nd 05 03:51 AM

Gunner wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson
It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

I wonder if Treadeau will have duke take his life now?
Engineman1

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Id forgotten about him!

Gunner

Spehro Pefhany February 23rd 05 03:43 PM

wrote:

But the first question that naturally pops into the head of any true
H.T. fan is...what gun, caliber, and load did he use?

Indeed. I was thinking a .45, knowing him.

Gunner

Befitting a writer of his caliber...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...75/detail.html

Best regards,