Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan Miller

Default turning between centers

Hey all,

I'm currently turning a piece of bar stock approx. 1.25 inch in diameter
and about 7 inches long between centers in my small Myford ML7 lathe. I
have it in a 3 jaw chuck and rotating center at the tail stock. Given
I've been taking relatively heavy cuts (for me that means 20 thou) but
I'm noticing that the diameter is roughly 5 thousands larger at the
tailstock end than at the chuck end. What's this mean to you guys? Do I
just need to move my tail stock over 2.5 thousands or could it also be a
twist in the bed or something? Thanks

Dan Miller
Seattle WA