Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
habbi

Default speed control for electric motors

I am building a new house (2000 sf and probably 30000 cf with vaulted
ceilings) and want to install an exhaust fan in the attached garage. My idea
is that it will get rid of welding smoke, saw dust etc.. but mainly I want
it for cooling the house in the summer. Open the a window at opposite end of
house, open window in the door between garage and turn on fan. I have no
idea what CFM to get but was thinking about an 18" model rated at 3200 cfm.
It uses a 1/3 hp motor. Can these be slowed down if to much air is moving.
Can any motor be slowed with a speed control or are certain motors only
designed for this. I guess I could put a smaller fan blade on to reduce
flow. Thanks

Wall speed controls for ceiling fans Wayne Whitney Home Repair 2 January 26th 05 12:42 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Router Speed Control Problem Geo Woodworking 5 November 22nd 03 07:32 PM
Anyone used the external router speed control JGS Woodworking 4 August 20th 03 04:36 AM
Reduce power draw on a fan ? (or, speed control) ? Robert Morein Electronics Repair 21 August 1st 03 01:18 AM