Dan Murphy

Default Mig Welder questions

A couple of years ago, we bought a whole bunch of stuff from a company that
was closing. Actually for what we paid, we got an amazing amount of metal
working equipment. Anyway, one of the items is an L-Tec Migmaster 250. It's
been tucked behind a lathe for two years now and I'm thinking we should
either use it or sell it. We dont have a need for welding very often, and I
haven't welded anything in well over 20 years, so I'm not even sure that I
could if I wanted to. My questions are :

(1) What are the capabilities of this welder? I know that's kind of a broad
question, but I really don't know much about welding.

So, I'm also thinking I could sell it and we could use the money to buy
some things we need.

(2) What would this welder be worth? It looks to be in very good shape. I
doubt it has very many hours on it, it's just dusty from sitting. It needs
a gas bottle, but everything else seems to be there. Including a full spool
of wire.

TIA
Dan
Vladimir Vladimirovich

"Dan Murphy" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I don't know about that specific machine, you might want to ask in the
welding newsgroup. I have an older ESAB/Chemetron 250 Mig welder at work.
The unit has plenty of power and is great in spray mode on clean metal. You
could check ebay's completed sales for an idea of the market value of your
machine. Three phase welding units don't bring much money, since you would
need something like a 20 HP rotary converter to use one at home.

Dan Murphy

"Vladimir Vladimirovich" wrote in
:

snip

I don't know about that specific machine, you might want to ask in the
welding newsgroup. I have an older ESAB/Chemetron 250 Mig welder at
work. The unit has plenty of power and is great in spray mode on clean
metal. You could check ebay's completed sales for an idea of the
market value of your machine. Three phase welding units don't bring
much money, since you would need something like a 20 HP rotary
converter to use one at home.

Thanks for the tip. I forgot about the welding ng. I'm leaning towards
getting it fired up.

Dan