DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No more free shipping at HF (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/86177-no-more-free-shipping-hf.html)

Bob Engelhardt January 13th 05 06:50 PM

No more free shipping at HF

An icon has fallen. Harbor Freight's current shipping charges:
# up to $14.99........$5.95
# $15.00 to $34.99....$7.99
# $35.00 and up..$8.99

There is a little loophole open until Feb 1. If you have catalog/flyer
#648 "Fall 2004" (expires Feb 1), it has an order form that has free
shipping for orders over $50. I faxed my order on that form and they
honored the free shipping.

Bob

#648 "Fall 2004" (expires Feb 1), it has an order form that has free
shipping for orders over $50. I faxed my order on that form and they
honored the free shipping.

Bob

Bob

I had an interesting (and unsatisfactory) experience with Harbor Freight.
I tried to order several flashlights but the total cost was slightly less
than the minimum for their low cost shipping charges, so I added a part that
I didnt have alot of interest in so the total met their minimum.
When the package arrived, it contained only the part I had little need
for. When I called Harbor Freight about the undelivered parts, I learned
that "what they sent" was all they'd send under the order, since they were
temporarily out of a stock on the parts I'd wanted. And, I would have to
re-order any parts with a new order. I'll be real carefull about what I
ever order from Harbor Freight.

Jerry

Footy January 14th 05 08:05 PM

Did you call Harbor Freight and tell them to take the shipment back? They
did the same thing to me once. I called and told them I didn't like paying
several dollars freight from a something that cost about $3.00 and could
have been purchased locally for less if that was all they could ship. They
paid the freight back and refunded my credit card.