DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Martini Lathe? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/85673-martini-lathe.html)

Tom January 11th 05 01:00 AM

Martini Lathe?

Anyone heard or know of the Martini lathe, made in Brazil? Local
machinist has one and it looks pretty impressive.

Tom

Ahernwill January 11th 05 01:24 PM

Is it the"Shaken" or "Stirred" model- there is a big difference in the
quality.

Dan January 11th 05 05:06 PM

"Tom" wrote in message
Anyone heard or know of the Martini lathe, made in Brazil? Local
machinist has one and it looks pretty impressive.

Are you sure it's not a Nardini?
http://tinyurl.com/4y5s3

Dan

Tom January 11th 05 05:21 PM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:06:06 -0600, "Dan" wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone heard or know of the Martini lathe, made in Brazil? Local
machinist has one and it looks pretty impressive.

Are you sure it's not a Nardini?
http://tinyurl.com/4y5s3

Dan

So that's why Google didn't come up with anything. Nardini, Nardini,
I thiink I've got it.

Tom

Grant Erwin January 11th 05 06:08 PM

Nardini lathes have a real good reputation. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if
the deal was right.

GWE

Jim Stewart January 11th 05 06:12 PM

Grant Erwin wrote:

Nardini lathes have a real good reputation. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if
the deal was right.

My tinbender has one and I tried real hard to buy
it from him. He wouldn't let it go...