SomeBody

Default Homemade Airbrush on a minilathe?

Has anyone turned or made a airbrush on a mini-lathe before?
Is it possible?

I know I can buy one cheaper then I can make one, but for a challenge I
would like to attempt this project.

Thanks
--
A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD XP2500+ (Un-locked)
2x256mb Crucial PC3200 DDR ram

Gary Brady

SomeBody wrote:
Has anyone turned or made a airbrush on a mini-lathe before?
Is it possible?

I know I can buy one cheaper then I can make one, but for a challenge I
would like to attempt this project.

Thanks

Have you seen this? http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/paint/paint.html
Might give you some ideas.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Wild Bill

I don't know where in the retired files, but at least one small paint
sprayer has been listed in the dropbox, by Ted E.
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/

The tiny mechanical parts in airbrushes are really small, particularly the
threads on various parts. The double-action mechanism is similar to a
regular paint gun, in that the trigger controls variable paint and air flow.
The little seals (teflon or similar) are also tiny.
They're really ingenius little mechanisms, considering that the better ones
actually siphon the paint up to the spray head.

WB

news