DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   a-HA, found 'em .. safety reading glasses (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/84198-ha-found-em-safety-reading-glasses.html)

Grant Erwin January 4th 05 08:20 PM

a-HA, found 'em .. safety reading glasses

I recently got an eye exam (age 52 and counting) and got glasses. I've been
using an extensive array of lenses of one kind or another in the shop to
compensate for my lack of closeup vision. I realized how much better I could
see up close once I got my glasses, which made me wonder -- do they make
safety reading glasses?

Sure do. I just ordered 3 pairs, total of $26.50 -- any of you other "oldsters"
who've wondered, now you can stop. They're out there.

GWE

Daniel A. Mitchell January 4th 05 08:24 PM

Grant Erwin wrote:
I recently got an eye exam (age 52 and counting) and got glasses. I've been
using an extensive array of lenses of one kind or another in the shop to
compensate for my lack of closeup vision. I realized how much better I could
see up close once I got my glasses, which made me wonder -- do they make
safety reading glasses?

Sure do. I just ordered 3 pairs, total of $26.50 -- any of you other
"oldsters"
who've wondered, now you can stop. They're out there.

GWE

MSC carries them, in a variety of styles and strengths.

Dan Mitchell
============

Carla Fong January 7th 05 04:29 AM

Rex B wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

I recently got an eye exam (age 52 and counting) and got glasses. I've
been
using an extensive array of lenses of one kind or another in the shop

compensate for my lack of closeup vision. I realized how much better I
could
see up close once I got my glasses, which made me wonder -- do they

make
safety reading glasses?

Sure do. I just ordered 3 pairs, total of $26.50 -- any of you other
"oldsters"
who've wondered, now you can stop. They're out there.

GWE

Great! Where?

Our welding supply even carries generic safety bifocals - way cool...

Carla
who is wondering which fool at the factory put these 56 year old eyes in my
22 year old body... oh wait - ummm... never mind...

Grant Erwin January 7th 05 04:40 AM

Yup, I just opened the box - these work AWESOME. Too cool. - GWE

Randy Replogle January 7th 05 01:35 PM

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I recently got an eye exam (age 52 and counting) and got glasses. I've been
using an extensive array of lenses of one kind or another in the shop to
compensate for my lack of closeup vision. I realized how much better I
could
see up close once I got my glasses, which made me wonder -- do they make
safety reading glasses?

Sure do. I just ordered 3 pairs, total of $26.50 -- any of you other
"oldsters"
who've wondered, now you can stop. They're out there.

GWE

OSHA has really gone too far now! Do they think words might leap off the
page into your eye? :)
Randy

Bugs January 7th 05 02:11 PM

I just order my glasses in polycarbonate from the optometrist.
Bigs

larry g January 7th 05 02:23 PM

"Randy Replogle" wrote in message

snip "

OSHA has really gone too far now! Do they think words might leap off the
page into your eye? :)
Randy

Well not really, Ya gotta read all them safety stickers that are plastered
all over the machines that you are attempting to fix. Some times I just
read the manual to the machine so that it knows I mean business. What
better way to get a machine to step back in line than to read the manual to
it and shake your Leatherman at it!
lg
no neat sig line