DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Who makes Bortie Boring Tools??? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/83913-who-makes-bortie-boring-tools.html)

[email protected] January 1st 05 01:45 AM

Who makes Bortie Boring Tools???

I am looking for the web site for Borite Boring Tools. Anyone have any
idea what it is? They make an adjustable boring bar that I wanted to
look into. It is a sleeve the is between 2-3 inches long and the boring
bar slides in and out if the sleeve so that the length is adjustable.
Thanks, Steve

Martin H. Eastburn January 1st 05 07:33 AM

wrote:

I am looking for the web site for Borite Boring Tools. Anyone have any
idea what it is? They make an adjustable boring bar that I wanted to
look into. It is a sleeve the is between 2-3 inches long and the boring
bar slides in and out if the sleeve so that the length is adjustable.
Thanks, Steve

Might find what you seek here :

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oogle+Sea rch

There seems to be a lot of information and pdf files as well.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

machineman January 1st 05 02:39 PM

wrote:
I am looking for the web site for Borite Boring Tools. Anyone have any
idea what it is? They make an adjustable boring bar that I wanted to
look into. It is a sleeve the is between 2-3 inches long and the boring
bar slides in and out if the sleeve so that the length is adjustable.
Thanks, Steve

I found a few references to their location but no website. The product
you are looking for is listed in the Travers Tools online catalog on
page 275
https://www.travers.com/index.asp

My personal favorite is the Trumade Products line. An excellent product
that I have used for many years. The top cutting edge has a helical
twist so as you regrind it the rake angle stays the same when you
reposition the cutting egde to center height.
http://www.truemade.com/home.htm

Dan Murphy January 2nd 05 04:27 AM

wrote:

I am looking for the web site for Borite Boring Tools. Anyone have any
idea what it is? They make an adjustable boring bar that I wanted to
look into. It is a sleeve the is between 2-3 inches long and the boring
bar slides in and out if the sleeve so that the length is adjustable.

I don't know if they have a web site, but they have an 800 number:

BORITE MFG, 800 521-0033.
Madison Heights MI

Dan
Dan