Waynemak

Default Just picked up a South Bend 14" Any information would be great

I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence information.
Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

Gunner

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:16:11 -0500, "Waynemak"
wrote:

I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence information.
Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

One of my customers
http://www.mcleanlathe.com/

has this lathe in their shop. Its likely that they will have a manual.
Ask for Joe or Mike and tell them straightaway you were referred by
Mark, the OmniTurn Tech.

If there is a charge for a copy, Ill take care of it.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill
Bill Bright

Let me know if you have issues getting a manual. I have one of these
machines and have at least 2 copies of the manuals. But I am moving right
now, so they are not at hand.

bill
"Waynemak" wrote in message
I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence

information.
Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

Ken Moffett

Steve Lusardi wrote:

These late model machines I believe, were made in Taiwan. I forget which
company bought out SB, but I am pretty sure this machine is still serviced.
Steve

"Waynemak" wrote in message
..
I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence information.
Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

LaBlonde bought out South Bend 2 or 3 years ago.

Waynemak

I think the machine is around 1972, it could have been made overseas, or
cast over seasor some parts made over seas. The tailstock looks very Taiwan.
I will need a manual to wire it up and see it run. it says wire for 408, but
the motor is 220/408.

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence
information. Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

Larry Jaques

On 01 Jan 2005 02:49:17 GMT, (GTO69RA4) calmly
ranted:

I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence information.
Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

Want to swap it for an Atlas 10, unused?

Where did you find a _brand_spankin'_new_ Atlas 10, John?

--
Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com
Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Waynemak

I talked to Rose at parts works and this machine was made in South Bend
Indiana, she said it wasn't made for many years but still a very good
machine. She is very helpful and seems to know her stuff

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence
information. Any help would be great.

http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/sb14/sb14.htm

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines

Waynemak

I have looked at a few on the web and all have the hi/low like yours, mine
seems to be the only one with the lever to the right. Looking in the case it
appears that it all works the same it just makes more sense and saves money
to have it like yours, one less moving part. How do you like yours?? I still
need to power mine up, I am looking for the wiring information. Any info
would be great